I have seen the light.. Bye Bye Trumpet !!! (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
[QUOTE="Jaws, post: 2789721, member: 4189"
Went from here to Liverpool for an egg burger once.. ate it and came home :)[/QUOTE]

The GS does that to you...set off in the rain one October when I had a mid week day off to go to “Scotland for lunch”. Brilliant ride up via Corbridge.

Swmbo (who was working) thought I’d run mad....

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The GS does that to you.....

Not only BMW do that. I remember leaving a job in Blackpool late afternoon "I'll go and see new granddaughter in Glasgow" and home same day. That's VFR750 at work and I'd pit that machine against any for a lope across Europe. Having said that, when I got near 70 I was finding it less comfortable and a bit heavy.

The real answer is "bikes" do this to us, should be issued on the NHS.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Looks like you enjoy the GS range, as I said nice bikes enjoy the new one but please don't trust all the dealer says... they may not be telling the truth.
Sorry.. just noticed I had not replied to this bit..
My problems with Triumph have all been as the result of direct dealings with the company..
Before I retired I was I had cause to deal with Honda at a reasonable high level ( inc the lads in r&d over is Dusseldorf ) and to a lesser extent BMW Europe.. I compare dealing with Triumph to dealing with a corner shop by comparison.. They do not seem to have any idea how to behave in a professional manner
I appreciate this sounds harsh, but anyone would feel strongly about a firm that had,effectively, caused a £3700 loss in less than three months, and I cannot be the only one affected

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
I appreciate this sounds harsh, but anyone would feel strongly about a firm that had,effectively, caused a £3700 loss in less than three months, and I cannot be the only one affected
Sorry to hear that, a loss is never good but Triumph arn't the only ones to play hard ball. Can't comment on the "buyers" or how they do things as I have no knowledge of that side of the business. TBH if you got stuffed like that & obviously feel the pain I am surprised you gave a Trumpet garage space at all?

My experience of Triumph is they are cheaply built compared with the BMW, my friend has an 800 Tiger bought after my F800GS, it suffered from corrosion and shitty switchgear far too quickly. But as with many marques the dealer makes the difference, the closest one is at best shoddy, the guys in Swindon far better.
Yes things do go wrong but Triumph are not alone in getting it wrong sometimes.. BMW final drives, BMW RSU packing up just outside warranty & a 2k fix ... every manufacturer have issues, it's how they deal with it. Just had a recall on my 11 year old RX8 for a fuel tank issue... this stuff happens and the more complicated we demand things to be the more stuff goes wrong.
Maybe we go back to bikes we can fix with large hammer ( I am from Brum ;-) and a chisel... nah.. I love cruise control, electronic suspension, electric screen, heated everything & loads of power... oh and ones that always start!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back