I have just discovered how to remove 95% vans rattles 95% of the time ...!! (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
On Order.Carado V337
I'd just like to share with you all the secret of Van Rattle removal ......:X3:

Take a ferry to France :LOL::france:(y)

the roads are an absolute joy to drive on, 1st word unlike the 10th world British roads and unmentionable Scottish abominations for roads.

As a side note I can now hear the radio ....on the downside.....Its all in French :roflmto:

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018

the roads are an absolute joy to drive on, 1st word unlike the 10th world British roads and unmentionable Scottish abominations for roads.

As a side note I can now hear the radio ....on the downside.....Its all in French :roflmto:
Mange Tout Rodney, Mange Tout!

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

I'd like to know where you find these roads. My experience of France, Italy, Greece, Turkey...has been the roads are just as bad as UK unless you're on the toll roads. The ones here in Italy are diabolical. But not beaten Turkey yet.

Upvote 0

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Almost anywhere in France from Calais right the way down. Certainly not the toll roads we as rarely use them. Lots of traffic calming in towns and villages especially in the 30kph area's, but overall the surfaces are just so much better. Germany too the road surfaces were generally much better. We certainly notice and instant difference when coming of the tunnel onto the A20!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
WillysMB
Jul 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
On Order.Carado V337
I'd like to know where you find these roads. My experience of France, Italy, Greece, Turkey...has been the roads are just as bad as UK unless you're on the toll roads. The ones here in Italy are diabolical. But not beaten Turkey yet.
Never used a toll road yet , only using backroads and “A” roads but mostly backroads. Todays France wins with Spain then Portugal but even Portugal wins hands down against the UK.
Portuguese backroads did tend to have a crazed surface( heat cracking ) but no real potholes Scottish roads resembled the Somme battlefield on day 87 .

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Almost anywhere in France from Calais right the way down. Certainly not the toll roads we as rarely use them. Lots of traffic calming in towns and villages especially in the 30kph area's, but overall the surfaces are just so much better. Germany too the road surfaces were generally much better. We certainly notice and instant difference when coming of the tunnel onto the A20!
Can't say I've seen it then . It also takes forever to get anywhere if you avoid the tollroads . 9 hours yesterday to do 200 miles . Roundabouts and speedbumps galore . And then there's the 50mph limit dropping at every junction .

Meh I honestly cannot see any improvement.

Spanish roads I found better. German roads too . But France, Belgium, Italy. Greece, Turkey, Portugal.. never.

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Never used a toll road yet , only using backroads and “A” roads but mostly backroads. Todays France wins with Spain then Portugal but even Portugal wins hands down against the UK.
Portuguese backroads did tend to have a crazed surface( heat cracking ) but no real potholes Scottish roads resembled the Somme battlefield on day 87 .
Yep you're definitely wearing the rose tinted glasses on this trip . Is it your first time abroad lol

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We find we have much less rattles in France.

Not just the smoother roads but, in Britain, our kitchen is on the near side. Where the road has worn away or there are sunken drains the metal parts of the cooker rattles. In France the kitchen is on the off side of the road ie near the centre line. Much smoother = less rattles.

Add that to the better weather, gorgeous scenery and good wine it’s a win, win, win situation.😊

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Are they Green Shield? 🤣
No, pink. Remember them? ;)

1720162326734.png

I’ve filled 5 passports up with stamps ( YES you are reading that right ) so yes first time abroad
Love it. (y)

The best roads I have driven in Europe so far is in the Netherlands, without a shadow of doubt.

Just done the A3 in Spain - a dual carriageway, it's patched up but you only notice the colour of the repairs - so good - we could take lessons!
Agreed. You can see all the black tar repairs and infills, but you can't feel them. The concrete A23 is very much the same.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back