I have an extremely large long-legged and big eared white mouse! (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Got her yesterday morning, 14 weeks old today, cross Chi + JR. :giggle:

IMG_20220817_173000 - resized.jpg

IMG_20220818_184922 - resized.jpg
IMG_20220818_184927 - resized.jpg
IMG_20220818_185005 - resized.jpg

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Like a blank canvas, you can paint your own pattern on her😁😁
She's actually not completely white, she has some cream round her eyes and cream ears with some 'freckles' coming through on her snout but they don't photograph very well, oh and a lovely mottled nose that will likely change colour during the year as one of our previous dog's nose did, sometimes it was really brown, other times it turned pink and often mottled ... really weird! Will have to keep an eye on her as she's quite thin coated so don't want her to get cold or sunburnt.

IMG_20220818_184619 - resized.jpg

This was her having a cuddle last night and you can see the cream markings (even though they look more 'tan' in this photo).

IMG_20220817_172916 - resized.jpg

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
That dog looks to be a bit of a character. Beautiful
I'm sure she's gonna be. 😀 She's quiet, and I mean really quiet, hardly makes a noise, just the odd little squeak, I've heard her have one bark and that's it. She's not deaf nor dumb but is just a very quiet dog (for now at least) ... makes a change from our Minky who barks when she wants to 'encourage' dogs to play with her, hopefully we'll end up with both somewhere in the middle of the decibel scale! :LOL:

We're trying to think of names as she's been called Tilly which is way too close to Lily so our other dogs react when we use that name which isn't a good thing. :cry: We have come up with several though, the obvious one is Mouse but hubby's not keen and she'll probably keep growing and end up like a gazelle anyway ... no I will NOT be calling her Bambi! :oops:

Other options are: Holly, Clover, Posey, Maisy, Daisy, Sorrel, Lupin, Lubie, Lexie, Luna, Lottie, Berry, Cherry, Molly and Pepper - hubby likes the latter and I do too but I think we might slip up and say Poppy as we used to have a dog called that so not sure. We've also come up with Shadow and Ninja as she creeps up on us without us even knowing she's there ... poor Minxy has jumped a few times when this little 'ghost' turned up next to her. :giggle:

I also like Coco, short for Coconut not Cocaine! ::bigsmile:

Anyone else got any suggestions for a sensible name?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I'm sure she's gonna be. 😀 She's quiet, and I mean really quiet, hardly makes a noise, just the odd little squeak, I've heard her have one bark and that's it. She's not deaf nor dumb but is just a very quiet dog (for now at least) ... makes a change from our Minky who barks when she wants to 'encourage' dogs to play with her, hopefully we'll end up with both somewhere in the middle of the decibel scale! :LOL:

We're trying to think of names as she's been called Tilly which is way too close to Lily so our other dogs react when we use that name which isn't a good thing. :cry: We have come up with several though, the obvious one is Mouse but hubby's not keen and she'll probably keep growing and end up like a gazelle anyway ... no I will NOT be calling her Bambi! :oops:

Other options are: Holly, Clover, Posey, Maisy, Daisy, Sorrel, Lupin, Lubie, Lexie, Luna, Lottie, Berry, Cherry, Molly and Pepper - hubby likes the latter and I do too but I think we might slip up and say Poppy as we used to have a dog called that so not sure. We've also come up with Shadow and Ninja as she creeps up on us without us even knowing she's there ... poor Minxy has jumped a few times when this little 'ghost' turned up next to her. :giggle:

How's about Sex then if she runs off you can ask ig anyone has seen Sex. Or you can just say your looking for Sex . Just a thought :wink:

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
She's very like my daughter's Chi Poodle cross who was called Minnie unfortunately no longer with us although Minnie had a we bit more hair.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
That would be a Jackaroo ! 😄

John.
The name for a JR X Chi is apparently a 'jackhuahua' however I prefer a 'chisel' ... especially with her sharp teeth. 😊

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
I find doesn’t matter much what mine get christened, they get new “nicknames”, Dotty, (bully) is Dody, Bobbit, chunks, Daisy (avatar) is wooze, woozy, stinky, noodles, and Tallulah, (Italian) till bob, Tilly, tally. All come to all names.

pretty little thing there Minxy Use any of above, heheheh or Lottie, Poppin, Suki, our other dogs, Emma, Brie, Madison (mad bad) Madie, Misty, Pepper, Pops. Boots,

Last edited:

DumfriesDik

Free Member
Nov 22, 2020
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
How gorgeous is that?!

When renaming dogs, I heard it was a good idea to change the name to something similar sounding, so a name ending with the Ee sound might work better? I like Lottie a lot.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I think she looks a little Minx, whatever you call her she is a cutie who is going to have a much loved life.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
she is gorgeous and looks very loving. Hopefully you have chosen well and she will fit right in. 👍

Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
Ours is same cross and referred to as a Jackchow phonetically at least. He was cute and quiet but one day decided to become a lion. He hasn’t changed his mind since lol.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Lovely looking pup, is she a rescue?
I like the sound of Coco, it’s got that nice hard C which makes a pup look when you call, dogs react better to a name with a hard consonant in the name!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I think she looks like a little lady so I would go with “Gracie”

Think you will need to start a voting poll 😁

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Why dont you call her ‘Skippy’, or maybe ‘Sheila’ 🤠🦘
Don't think my Auntie Sheila would be too impressed! 😄

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984

I met a dog called Edna I think it's a good name for a dog.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Are you going to dress her like this 😂View attachment 654238
Not a flaming chance!!!! :oops: I don't like those things as they hold the dogs upright and put pressure on their spines in a way that they weren't intended to have, for a very short period of time when really necessary they're okay I suppose but not for 'posing' which most owners seem to do.

I do still have some baby vests which will come in useful for when she has her op to prevent her fussing over the wound and the heat knickers I got for Minky as fortunately we haven't taken them to the Greyhound Rescue shop yet since having a clear out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back