I go full time tomorrow night! Any tips or advice? (1 Viewer)

Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
As many of you will be aware I have quit my hospitality management job to go and study for a master's degree and I plan on going full time in my self converted L3 Boxer van.

I say full time but I still have a home with my parents I can go back to (about 1 hour and 30 minutes away). And knowing I was leaving soon one of the chefs at work asked me out for drinks and I've only gone and let my guard down and fallen for her. So trips back to Cheshire will be more frequent than anticipated for this reason.

I was wondering if any members, full time or otherwise, have any tips or advice to a newbie "full timer".

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
just enjoy the adventure and the new romance, have fun but try and find a little time for studying too, good luck..
and a nosey mare question, what will you be studying for your masters? Is that in hospitality?

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Fill up water at every opportunity, get a second cassette if you haven't already got a spare.

Where do you plan on parking?

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
We went full time last year, sold our house and moved into the van.

I concur with what Eggs says 😀

Best advice I can think of, accept every offer of kindness and don't look back, the future is where you'll have more fun, happiness and success, so concentrate on that!

Oh, BTW, good luck with your studies 😁

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
Make all your own decisions, don’t let anyone else make them for you. If you’re not sure about anything ask but don’t let them make the final decision. Most of all enjoy 😉 Good luck fella.

OP
OP
CamperJack
Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
Thanks to all for their advice, wishes of good luck and encouragement.

I like the thought of a chef for a girlfriend. (y)

It is a bonus. She's very good too! Night off yesterday and she cooked me a delicious three course meal, all totally from scratch and even arranged a shout out on the Smooth radio for us. :blusher:

a nosey mare question, what will you be studying for your masters? Is that in hospitality?

No, lost all faith in hospitality after I left my General Manager role (pre-covid). I decided I wanted out then but took on a Deputy role to fill the time. Then covid hit and I delayed study for a year. The Help Out To Eat Out nonsense was the final nail in the coffin for me! I had to get out despite what may happen covid wise etc. I've never experienced such rudeness in all my life from customers until the last year or so. And frankly comforting crying waitresses (who are still kids) who have been shouted at by men in their 40s is not what I signed up for. My masters will be in Environmental Health, and I hope that after I graduate never to have to fall back on hospitality. It's just not fun for me anymore.

Where do you plan on parking?

Here and there. I lived in the area for a few years, go back regularly anyway and recently went and checked out a few places for stopping over. Planning to stay out of the way and get the train into the city.

romance blossoms at the most inconvenient of times,usually when you arent looking,

Tell me about it. Not looking forward to being separated! 😥

Make all your own decisions, don’t let anyone else make them for you.

There's no danger of that with me. Already ignored family telling me I can't go full time. ;)

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
Through your posts on here I have admired your motivation and outlook on life.
It’s refreshing to read the hopes and aspirations of a younger motorhomer as most of us are over the hill.
I have no advice for you except - carpe diem.

Sep 24, 2021
Northampton, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Van
Exp
Mid 2021
As many of you will be aware I have quit my hospitality management job to go and study for a master's degree and I plan on going full time in my self converted L3 Boxer van.

I say full time but I still have a home with my parents I can go back to (about 1 hour and 30 minutes away). And knowing I was leaving soon one of the chefs at work asked me out for drinks and I've only gone and let my guard down and fallen for her. So trips back to Cheshire will be more frequent than anticipated for this reason.

I was wondering if any members, full time or otherwise, have any tips or advice to a newbie "full timer".
Nice one pal, and well done for making the jump.

Having a base camp is never a bad thing, I have a few places I know I can always head back to if I ever need. I am also in a similar predicament though, bloody women... Being all lovely and stuff haha. Just keep telling yourself, Absynth makes the heart grow fonder... Or was absence? I can never remember.

Enjoy your adventures.

OP
OP
CamperJack
Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
Here we are. Nice and cozy in my first stop. Ten minutes drive from the station that will take me to my university city in the morning.

IMG_20210927_210725.jpg

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Camperjack youve done a great job,i can remember you starting and asking questions(cos your young lol,)
well done and good luck,(in studies and romance)
a new romance is a marvellous thing,
best regards pampam

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back