I am considering a first ebike (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
The bike I have looked at, online, states that the bike is 27kgs total weight of which the battery pack is 1.1kgs.
Does that battery pack weight sound right ?
I have contacted the shop selling the bike who have stated that that is the information provided by the company supplying the bike.
I have contacted the supplying company who have stated that that is the information supplied by the manufacturer.
1.1kgs sounds to light to me ?
Have you considered one of these, on the lightweight bike from your friendly neighbourhood secondhand shop - to avoid a big expense that might not turn out to be 'right' for your needs.

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
As above a good quality bike in as new condition can with a bit of effort be bought for very little and ridden at a car boot or via FB or similar and a full conversion kit with a decent size battery circa £300-350 a nice steady easy morning to fit and if you try it for a while and decide it's not for you it will sell.. maybe for more than it cost you

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
As above a good quality bike in as new condition can with a bit of effort be bought for very little and ridden at a car boot or via FB or similar and a full conversion kit with a decent size battery circa £300-350 a nice steady easy morning to fit and if you try it for a while and decide it's not for you it will sell.. maybe for more than it cost you
headlight Just be sure it's not an unapproved battery/charger that's going to explode, and in any case never put the charger between yourself and the only fire exit.
(Whichever e-bike you buy.)

For info, I currently have an e-bike on loan on trial from a friend who has become too poorly to ride it. I'd mentioned having been thinking about buying an e-bike but not sure enough that I'd get value of it so she persuaded me to borrow hers to try. It is shortly going back with thanks because a. it's FAR too heavy and b. it's IMPOSSIBLY uncomfortable.
I still like the concept though, which is why if I do proceed it will be with a second-hand lightweight frame, suspension forks, suspension seat post and a Swytch conversion with the smaller (lighter!) battery and the potential, as oldiesontour suggested, to sell at minimal loss if I don't end up using the resultant machine enough.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2010
We test rode them last week before trying out several other models from different manufacturers. Today we ordered 2 with throttle as we found the bikes very comfy and as you say great value for money. How have you been getting on with yours?
So far so good thanks! Also good to know that I can get them serviced/repaired by Pedibal themselves if the need arises.

Reactions: TC3

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back