LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
As we are coming to the end of our 3 month tour of North Europe I thought I would set about trying to order a replacement wiper motor. Being an A Class model it is not the standard fiat motor.
We have had an occasional fault where the motor parks and will not re-start. A gentle tap on the motor and it starts again.
I had contacted Hymer themselves who just replied that I needed to contact a dealer.
I tried a couple of German Hymer dealers with no reply.
I also contacted Brownhills and Southdowns with a view of them sourcing the motor as a Google search had limited options available.
I had posted a photo of the motor on a Facebook group and someone gave me the motor suppliers details.
I contacted https://www.bbsystemtechnik.de/( they had designed and supplied the wiper system to Hymer) explaining my problem. Within 20 minutes they had replied with a link to the motor. All communication in perfect English.
Upshot of this was instead of ordering online I was able to call in at their premises and purchase a new motor.
On arrival they asked me to pop the bonnet to check that they were supplying the correct motor and plug.They then put the new motor on a test bench and checked all functions were working.
Whilst there I mentioned a problem that I had when my silver screen flew off when removing and pulled the near side wiper arm free of the tension spring. Bill of Ambilkate and Dave of shazanddave helped me to get the spring back in (one hell of a job). It had never ever properly pulled away from the screen since.
I have never been able to source that wiper arm. As they had designed and supplied the entire wiper system I asked if they had them.
They looked at my wiper arms and said that whoever had fitted my offside wiper arm it was the wrong one. They don’t normally supply the arms but said as I was there I could have a pair. We negotiated a price as they didn’t have them listed.
As I was leaving they came back out and gave me a new set of wiper blades.
Great service and great to get all the correct parts.
Ps. The motor was £200 cheaper than Brownhills and Southdowns.👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back