Hymer Exsis-I wiper blades (1 Viewer)

Apr 11, 2024
Funster No
MH
buying soon
Hi… I’ve just purchased a 2015 Hymer Exsis-I LHD and have a problem with the passenger side wiper blade in that in the centre, it doesn’t connect with the windscreen. I’ve read various forums relating to people having similar issues but can’t find an answer. I’ve tried 650mm and 700mm Bosch aerotwins but they have the same problem. I’ve spoken to the service dept. at Lowdham’s who say that original Hymer blades are 650mm and 700mm but it isn’t specific as to which one is for which side. Also the Hymer ones are 80 odd quid each. Has anyone any ideas please .. thanks in advance

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You will probably find it is the spring in the wiper arm that is causing the problem
I had that problem I used to put corks under the arms when parked up to keep the blade off the screen, took me a couple of years to realise that is what the problem was. I stopped using the corks and tweaked the arms a bit, not had a problem since.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Motohome
Apr 11, 2024
Funster No
MH
buying soon
You will probably find it is the spring in the wiper arm that is causing the problem
I had that problem I used to put corks under the arms when parked up to keep the blade off the screen, took me a couple of years to realise that is what the problem was. I stopped using the corks and tweaked the arms a bit, not had a problem since.
Cheers Lenny… I‘ve already tried giving the arm a little tweak but it didn’t work unfortunately as it just pushed the outer edges of the blade further away from the screen. In any event, the missus found some advice on the Hymer Fb group this morning and I’ve ended up buying a Bosch SP 26s (£12.50-Halfords) and it works an absolute treat. These blades have the spring loaded sections across the back of the blade (kind of like wipers of old) which create a more even pressure against the curved screen. The ‘s’ part of 26s relates to it having a small spoiler on the front of the blade which hopefully will create a bit more down force when on the move but tbh it works well even when stationary.
Thanks again for the advice. It’s nice to know there are people out there willing to help👍

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back