Hymer E510 water leaking from under the van (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 30, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer E510
Plumbing...my least favorite job!
I had an issue with water pouring out from under the van every time I used any sink or the shower.
I checked the the shower drains via the inspection points in the rear left locker.All good there,dry and connected.
Checked under the sink cupboard for leaks,found the two drain down stop valves weeping.Replaced both with new from Brownhills. £60 the pair.They required a bit of faffing about to stop weeping.
Under the washroom door is another removable panel that reveals the drain pipe connections to the grey water tank.The top of the tank was wet.You can see the issue but access is for maintenance is impossible.
So...off to Watsons Caravans in Kinglassie for a bit of help.
Looked like the washroom would have to come out and the shower tray would have to lifted to gain access.Nightmare!
Tank was dropped as an experiment to see if we could gain access.
The solution was to cut the floor via the rear left wheel arch.Two £3 elbows had split and all the drain water was leaking from these.New elbows fitted and water damaged wood replaced and sealed.Repair painted and under sealed.While the tank was off it was flushed and the tank level indicator was cleaned and checked.

So,if you have this issue ,you DON'T have to strip the bathroom out...result!

Next job.. replace the horrid blue taps and shower mixer lever (hope the kitchen tap is 33mm hole...anybody know?)
Then replace door locking mechanism for the washroom.

After that the rest of list,fridge not working on gas etc,etc,etc

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back