Hymer e510 floor rotten round the edges at the rear.Waste Tank leaking badly. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 30, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer E510
I thought I may have had a leaking shower base but can find no cracks.Waste traps are all connected and dry.Water pours out from discharge valve housing on the tank (the valve joints appear fine,this area looks to the path of least resistance for the water to get out) and the left rear inner wheel arch when I use any drain in the van.Anyone had tank issues before?There are areas of 'weetabix' rotten plywood behind the rear bumper,by the left rear locker and under the fridge. I would strip down the bathroom to check the floor if I could find some guide to disassembly.Anyone know of a a good workshop in the Fife area who can assess the extent of my issues?

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
As I said in your previous post, it will have inspection hatch somewhere for the waste pipes into the waste tank which will also have the contents gauge, mine has 2 one near where pipes go in tank and one that lets me see under shower to see pipe runs.
If you’re on Facebook it would be worth joining some of the Hymer groups for more focused answers,
I’m on Hymer owners group, classic Hymer and Classic Hymer Technical

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2020
Fife, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
I thought I may have had a leaking shower base but can find no cracks.Waste traps are all connected and dry.Water pours out from discharge valve housing on the tank (the valve joints appear fine,this area looks to the path of least resistance for the water to get out) and the left rear inner wheel arch when I use any drain in the van.Anyone had tank issues before?There are areas of 'weetabix' rotten plywood behind the rear bumper,by the left rear locker and under the fridge. I would strip down the bathroom to check the floor if I could find some guide to disassembly.Anyone know of a a good workshop in the Fife area who can assess the extent of my issues?
I've use Gem Caravans in Dunfermline for a few things and found them good. Never used them for ingress issues though and I know for a fact that professional work on ingress can quickly mount up in the £. They definitely do that kind of work though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jolly Jack Tar
Jul 30, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer E510
As I said in your previous post, it will have inspection hatch somewhere for the waste pipes into the waste tank which will also have the contents gauge, mine has 2 one near where pipes go in tank and one that lets me see under shower to see pipe runs.
If you’re on Facebook it would be worth joining some of the Hymer groups for more focused answers,
I’m on Hymer owners group, classic Hymer and Classic Hymer Technical
Yes...I know there should be such a thing ....but cant find one.Nothing in the manual either!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jolly Jack Tar
Jul 30, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer E510
I've use Gem Caravans in Dunfermline for a few things and found them good. Never used them for ingress issues though and I know for a fact that professional work on ingress can quickly mount up in the £. They definitely do that kind of work though.
Thanks OB....I will keep them in mind.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jolly Jack Tar
Jul 30, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer E510
So....Up to now have found the 2 freshwater drain down valves under a screwed shut, boxed in section,under the sink have been weeping.Replacements on order from Brownhills £60.
I need these to fill and check FW system for Thetford toilet flush.
Two Inspection plates in the rear left under slung storage locker removed and checked dry (stuffed aperture with kitchen paper that stayed dry)and connected,though difficult to see as the locker is very small and one is quite far in.No access to the pipework to the top of the tank. A couple of local workshops say there wont be any.Endoscope ordered and on its way to see if I can find a way in.
As I don't want to strip down the washroom yet,I am going to just use the loo and a bucket to flush it for the moment. (Basrah Operations Centre style) We will go away for a few days to NE Scotland to do a 'shakedown trial'.Campsite with shower and washing up area is what we will look for.
Other small issues...cutlery drawer has disintegrated ,so I am going to re-attach various bits of broken plastic beef it up with some screw plates to 'future proof' it. You have to disassemble the drawer to remove on this type,and you will need a Pozi right angle screw driver.Flimsy design to say the least.
Washed all upholstery covers in Ariel non bio @ 30 Degs. Spun at 400 RPM.drip dried and they all came out fine...two shades lighter and smelling fresh....however one cover (exposed to the sun all the time) was to too threadbare and ripped when we tried to put it back on. That's a job for 'the Bumpy Jumpered Admiral' to sort out with her pal the sewing queen.They are off fabric shopping next week.
Tank level gauge for grey water tank lies like a Tory Chancellor so will follow one or more of the many suggestions for cleaning found on this site when I can stop the tank discharging over my nice new mono block parking area.
Drivers door lock is acting up....need some silicon spray (and more probably.)
Outside latches and keeps are all worn ,gas locker dropped on my head,followed by side locker...hopefully it will have knocked some sense into me.
Slow and methodical (like a slug on Valium)...that's my way.
Will keep you posted on any repairs effected if they might be useful to anybody
'This callsign - out'

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back