How to remove my Mobilvetta K-Yacht’s Dometic oven (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Elliniko

Free Member
Aug 18, 2024
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta KYacht 85
I really hope someone who has done this before can walk me through completely removing my Dometic oven. I would like to install a microwave oven instead. Thanks in advance.

Jul 3, 2022
Somerset
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2022
Watching with interest, we want to remove our cooker from our Mo to home as we never use the oven, just the grill and hob. Going to replace the oversized cooker with a much more compact unit which would also create extra storage space.

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Is it a TecTower or separate oven? Model number would be helpful.
Pictures of said oven would help even those without the type model to offer support

OP
OP
Elliniko

Elliniko

Free Member
Aug 18, 2024
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta KYacht 85
Hi there and thank you for trying to help. I am not sure of the model but it’s a separate Dometic oven/grill unit installed above the refrigerator/freezer with the door opening to the side, same as in this picture.

IMG_8191.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
As its a seperate unit should be easy to get out.
You may find it is screwed in from underneath so you may need to take the fridge out.

OP
OP
Elliniko

Elliniko

Free Member
Aug 18, 2024
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta KYacht 85
Wow that will quite a big job I presume, taking out the refrigerator. Hope it’s not needed. Hope to find an easier way 🤔

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Most important you need to get a blanking cap to close off the gas supply, you cannot rely on just having the tap turned off. It’s an potential open end.

Apr 22, 2019
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Kea P65
Exp
Since 2018
I really hope someone who has done this before can walk me through completely removing my Dometic oven. I would like to install a microwave oven instead. Thanks in advance.
Speak to Jonathan at MACSUK -https://www.macsuk.org/ he replaced mine with a toshiba microwave combo oven

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back