How to remove a Remis cassette blind ? (8 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

tranby

Free Member
Oct 1, 2015
Cockermouth
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Does anyone know the procedure to remove the cassette off a side window ?

Thanks

OP
OP
tranby

tranby

Free Member
Oct 1, 2015
Cockermouth
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Unfortunately mine hasn't got the stoppers ?? I have had the corner pieces off and there isn't any screws either. Can't find anything on Google search so stuck !

Upvote 1

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Does anyone know the procedure to remove the cassette off a side window ?

Thanks
I see your a long time member but only posted twice so a welcome to posting might be appropriate :giggler::giggler:
Pictures, pictures, pictures and you will without doubt get instant help or a search on YouTube perhaps, thatā€™s where I got step by step fully detailed instructions.
Good luck šŸ‘

Upvote 0
May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
If it's on a Fiat Ducato and is the Remis blind that retracts into the rear of the door then:

Remove the Remis Badged cap on the top rear corner of the blind. Then remove the self tapping screw securing the blind to the door.

Check if there is a self tapping screw securing the base of the blind to the door around the midpoint. If so remove.

Push up the blind frame at the rear of the door and this removes it from the securing bobbin attached to the door frame.

Pull out the two spring clip fittings that fix the front of the blind frame to the door frame adjacent to the A pillar.

Gently pull the middle black blind frame away from the door window frame to release the velcro strips and the Remis blind should now be free to remove.

Reinstallation is the reverse if the above.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
Jun 11, 2021
Pinner, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar 540
Exp
Since 2019
If it's on a Fiat Ducato and is the Remis blind that retracts into the rear of the door then:

Remove the Remis Badged cap on the top rear corner of the blind. Then remove the self tapping screw securing the blind to the door.

Check if there is a self tapping screw securing the base of the blind to the door around the midpoint. If so remove.

Push up the blind frame at the rear of the door and this removes it from the securing bobbin attached to the door frame.

Pull out the two spring clip fittings that fix the front of the blind frame to the door frame adjacent to the A pillar.

Gently pull the middle black blind frame away from the door window frame to release the velcro strips and the Remis blind should now be free to remove.

Hope this helps
Hi Sasbo

Iā€™ve been trying to find out how to tighten the self tapping screw securing my Remis blind on our 2020 Ducato and just came across your post above - have now tightened it sufficiently to stop annoying rattle but looks as though self tapping screw has lost its thread so will have to replace
Thanks for your advice about the Remis panel!!!
Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!

Hope this helps
Just found this old post of yours which probably is the answer I was looking for (y)

Upvote 0
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Just followed Sasbo guidance to remove the Remis blind from the right hand cab window - works great.

Thanks(y)
Me too, just waiting for the new wing mirror to arrive, thanks Sasbo :Grin:

Upvote 0
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Just a quick thank you to Sasbo. New wing mirror fitted and Remis blind back in place, everything is working as it should:Grin: Found a video on YouTube how to salvage bits from the old mirror(y):thanks3:

Upvote 0

Dave7

Free Member
Jul 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Is it really that easy to remove the blind and easy to get spring clips back in ?
I need to replace our drivers mirror and a new one is now Ā£360 plus vat so want to try and same money and fit myself
Donā€™t want to cock it up as Motorhome only has 1000 miles on it šŸ˜”

Upvote 1
Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019

Hope this helps
Hi Sasbo

I might need to follow your advice, where did you buy your replacement?

Secondly I presume you replaced the whole thing, outer frame and blind or just the pull along pleated blind with black edging. Cheers Smudger55

Upvote 0
May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
No replacements purchased as I took the frame off and repaired the pleated blind tops. Details in the thread below.
Similar to 1967bowesj I had the same issue on a previous motorhome and rather than moving the clip to the next fold I repaired the top of the blind that was torn using masking tape on each side of the blind pleat and then punched the correct sized hole in the repair to allow the blind to pass smoothly over the boss at the end of the top rail.

It's best to use the masking tape repair to the first three blind pleats as a precaution to stop the problem occurring in the future as the Remis blind is a fairly fragile bit of kit.

You will need to remove the entire blind from the door and then carefully remove the plastic top rail to do the repair. Take photos as you disassemble so you have a reference for putting it back together and don't loose the small screws that hold the plastic top rail in place. Don't ask how I know thisšŸ˜‚

Upvote 0
Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
Further to Sabso's post #8, I replaced my blind to day. The instructions mention drilling a hole for the black "mount" but fortunately the damaged blind frame had one already. Photos of damaged torn blind and new.

That's 2 things I've replaced over last month, kitchen tap and this. Management actually said well donešŸ¤£šŸ‘šŸ˜¬ Blow me down with a feather. I need to enjoy the moment, it will be a moment trust me, bless her.
20241003_104558.jpg
20241003_104750.jpg
20241003_111428.jpg
20241003_111440.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.