How to Determine Alternator Size Without Paperwork? (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 22, 2021
Funster No
MH
2006 Hymer A Class
Hi
Im trying to ascertain what size my alternator is, it got changed two/three years back and think it was changed to a larger spec, I haven't got any paperwork and the alternator is well and truly buried out of site without substantial stripping of engine components. Is there a way of checking if it's a 90amp or 120amp alternator

Jan 18, 2022
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
sprinter 515 ambo
Hi
Im trying to ascertain what size my alternator is, it got changed two/three years back and think it was changed to a larger spec, I haven't got any paperwork and the alternator is well and truly buried out of site without substantial stripping of engine components. Is there a way of checking if it's a 90amp or 120amp alternator
How long really is it going to take to remove some components to read the label?
That is what I would do if I was concerned.
I saw someone mentioned you had a sprinter?
FYI I have a 2008 sprinter with 906 engine and I have a 280a beefed up alternator ( fitted as standard issue on an ambulance)

Upvote 0
Mar 6, 2017
York
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Is there any possible issue with the size of cabling from the alternator if you install a much larger rated one ?

Upvote 0
Aug 3, 2022
Funster No
MH
autotrail Cheyenne66
Hi
I managed to squeeze my Fone on video mode from underneath my van then screen shot off it very awkward but got the resultsā€™

Upvote 0
Aug 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
chausson
I've already enquired were I purchased it, hoping they still had my details of purchase, but his reply was they do not keep this information?

Mike
If they are VAT registered, they must keep their records for a minimum of 6yrs, it could be 10yrs depending which way they are informing HMRC.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We've got the biggest, most expensive Alternator there is on our Hymer....it's got silver windings, on a platinum body and Gold terminals...it was fitted by Europe's best mechanic, with overalls Fashioned by Vivian Westwood....the workshop had the cleanliness of the best Surgical operating theatre know to man....Where was this you might ask...Norway....how much was it would be your second question..For service like this and the skills shown by the best Mechanic in the whole world...a few cents short of 2000ā‚¬
Don't break down in Norway folks...it can seriously damage your holiday budget.šŸ„“šŸ¤­

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
We've got the biggest, most expensive Alternator there is on our Hymer....it's got silver windings, on a platinum body and Gold terminals...it was fitted by Europe's best mechanic, with overalls Fashioned by Vivian Westwood....the workshop had the cleanliness of the best Surgical operating theatre know to man....Where was this you might ask...Norway....how much was it would be your second question..For service like this and the skills shown by the best Mechanic in the whole world...a few cents short of 2000ā‚¬
Don't break down in Norway folks...it can seriously damage your holiday budget.šŸ„“šŸ¤­
France is nearly as bad, a broken airline ended up costing me ā‚¬1900.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back