How much space does toilet paper really take up? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 8, 2019
Newent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since November 2018
2 ply or 3ply
Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA
3 ply every time, fingers tend to go through 2 ply.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We put all the paper down the pan. So far it has not been a problem. But I can imagine it might be problematic if on a long journey without finding a disposal point, so am thinking about buying a second cassette just in case. We are absolutely not filling a waste paper basket with dirty toilet paper.
Use pee bottles, we've got a couple which hubby uses and although we've got a second cassette if the toilet is getting full but we've got somewhere later to empty it I'll also use the pee bottle (with home made 'collector'!).

May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
Use pee bottles, we've got a couple which hubby uses and although we've got a second cassette if the toilet is getting full but we've got somewhere later to empty it I'll also use the pee bottle (with home made 'collector'!).
No, sorry, I do not pee in bottles when I have a toilet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
Ok....so as a former long distance trucker and over 3 decades as a motorhome...

Some countries do the 'bag the paper thing' which feels a bit weird to an english person but I used to drive a truck into north africa on a regular basis and toilets were......shall we say interesting šŸ¤”

A lot of people just do number 1 in the cassette with a lot of paper resulting in sites suffering blockages from not enough liquid or decomposition, it also happens at sites where there is no flush on the toilet empty point.....so paper build up is an issue

I empty the cassette before it's full, when I can, I have a spare cassette just to keep the boss happy, if I worry about the volume of the cassette then I've obviously not drunk enough

Apr 7, 2022
34390 Saint-Ɖtienne-d'Albagnan, France
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
Bag loo roll.... gads disgusting... we don't bag it at home so why in van....
I quite agree with a van, but over the years I have hiked places where you have to carry your loo paper out, including the grand canyon, luckily I hiked some of the more popular routes, so always manage to last until a long drop toilet.

Apr 7, 2022
34390 Saint-Ɖtienne-d'Albagnan, France
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
Because the initial volume contained air trapped between the sheets of paper which has now dissipated.
I think this also explains how first impressions are not always correct.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Chausson 788
Exp
20 years
G-RMPS As you know I trained at your home airfield Scone/'Balbeggie International'.

The Engineering students, mostly Middle Easter, shared a toilet block near the canteen. If we had to use it, rarely, it was always awash, because of the habit you describe.

Not a nice memory.
They were lucky they could reach the toilet, my brother in law was x-raying gearboxes on Chinooks in Egypt he said he used the outside behind the hanger, toilets were only for Officers!! He said anyhow eating their food he wouldn't have made to a toilet.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
They were lucky they could reach the toilet, my brother in law was x-raying gearboxes on Chinooks in Egypt he said he used the outside behind the hanger, toilets were only for Officers!! He said anyhow eating their food he wouldn't have made to a toilet.

Probably explains why some people wear robes instead of trousers, just like the native shore contingent that came aboard the ships travelling through the Suez Canal conveys incase one of the line broke down and it had to be pulled against the bank, back in the 60's.

They just used to lift their robes, squat on the deck and leave the crew little presents. šŸ™‚

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Chausson 788
Exp
20 years
The British Water companies have also wasted half a century not upgrading sewers and sewerage plant capacity to avoid outflows into the sea!
And we are now going to pay more to upgrade them, that's why government privatised them, so they can get out of the responsibility.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back