How Do You Keep Fit While Away? (Without a Bike)

Razamataz

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7400plus
Exp
Since March 2018
90 days in Spain..January to April… absolutely never had a problem going to a local gym.
After 4 years the familiarity of meeting up with same people is great 🏋️🏋️

Reactions: HKF
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Timberland Destiny
Exp
Since 1995
I have an ebike which I utilise by dialing out various levels of assistance, an abmat I bought from the USA for sit ups, and I do push ups daily that's it, I don't think there's any need for any other equipment its all a sales ploy your own body weight provides enough resistance and I can do it in a Fiat PVC as I have a long enough central floor, on good weather days I can do it outside, I can place my feet under the electric step to help for sit ups support.
My main target area is the abdomen belly as that's the usual problematic place for us older men, hence the sit ups (doing 100/day at the moment) and also using a Garmin Fenix sports watch to log the reps.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Sun Living S70 SC
For many years I’ve used the 5BX system.
About 30 years ago I was camping in France with my youngest son.
I had just purchased the book and we decided to give it a go.
Did we start where we were supposed to? Oh no, we went to the last chart, I believe for “Champion Athletes”
For the next few days neither of us could get up from our camping chairs easily and getting out of our respective sleeping bags was an embarrassment, not that we let each other know that until much later when we were laughing about it!
I played quite a bit of sport then including judo and thought I was fit!
A salutary lesson.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMLi880
Exp
Owned a MH since 2012
At home, I have a mini gym; treadmill, rower, spinning bike, dumbells and slam balls. When we're away, it's difficult to keep my cardio and strength training going. So, how do you guys maintain your cardio and strength while away? I don't take a bike with me, so I'm looking at ways to keep fit while in the MH or a hotel room (without a fitness room). I'd like to be able to do a full body workout in a very small space. Is it achievable or am I searching for the Holy Grail? :unsure:
Similar home set up to you but as a keen club cyclist I manage to keep myself intact on summer trips non problem. Outside of these times though I always found it a challenge until I came across www.force-fit.co.uk - worth a look as their approach certainly ticked a lot of my boxes for cardio and strength stuff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm often a long way from the nearest gym and often without transport if my husband has gone off with whatever vehicle we're in.
Every town has some form of gym , use the walk there and back as a part of your work out . I found a gym at every stop of our recent four weeks in France and Spain . Google maps is your friend .
71805620580__326E69F5-1E0F-4CA7-B584-74E78B8FEB7F.jpeg

This is my home gym , if only I had a trailer big enough to take it with me ! 🤣🤣🤣

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F60
Exp
Newbies as of June 2024
Do you carry a water container of some description? 5l or 10l can be used as a kettlebell, used for dead-lifts, upright rows, high pulls etc. I (like everyone else) had to improvise in lockdown and our 5l of screenwash was put to good use. What about using 1l pop/squash bottles as dumbells too. (full obviously 😉).

As a subscriber to Les Mills, I often do Bodycombat outside. No equipment required, gives a great cardio workout.

Try standing up from a chair using only one leg, it's harder than it sounds.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
2 years
At home, I have a mini gym; treadmill, rower, spinning bike, dumbells and slam balls. When we're away, it's difficult to keep my cardio and strength training going. So, how do you guys maintain your cardio and strength while away? I don't take a bike with me, so I'm looking at ways to keep fit while in the MH or a hotel room (without a fitness room). I'd like to be able to do a full body workout in a very small space. Is it achievable or am I searching for the Holy Grail? :unsure:
Stick a ruck sack on your back with weight in then go for a walk good work out done cheap

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
mclouis 373 2022
Exp
New to it but have been caravaning for 38years
I do to tai chi every day from gentle to very vigorous as well as a work out physically it’s great for mental health and calmness 😊

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Amazon sell kettlebell sandbags for around £15, you just fill with sand or similar and you can do a full body workout with a kettlebell.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1987
I do twenty push ups every morning. If I feel really athletic I do twenty with the other eyelid as well. It’s taken me 61 years of careful neglect to get my body into this state, I’m not risking all that work, all those pies and all that beer with an ill thought out exercise session.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
You could always try the 'French Cassette Plus' routine.....

When emptying your cassette at the Elsan, shake it Longitudinally 40 times instead of 20...

Then shake it 40 times laterally instead of 20...

Then shake it 40 times vertically instead of 20...

Rinse between emptying, then repeat....

Then repeat......

Then......:whistle2::doh::whistle2:🫨

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back