How do you fit bull bars (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 26, 2021
Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner A645 Active
I'd like to fit bull bars to my 03 Ducato.
The purpose is to fit some additional driving lights.
Has anyone fitted one?
How did it go on.
Looking under the front, I just see a plastic cover. There are some heavy gauge bolts along the front of this but no 'chassis' per se to fit them to.
Can anyone advise please?
Thanks.
Si

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
And Cretins :rolleyes:
I thought imbecile was quite polite .

Tbh it would often help matters if people who can't just answer the question asked and would refrain from sticking their nose in with their judgement and opinions it would wind people up less.

I'm sure some do it deliberately on here and keep pushing till someone gets frustrated and breaks rule 1 then they run to the teacher to clipe.

It's quite pathetic at times.

The guy asked a simple question , where he could buy a bar and how to fit one.

It's entirely his choice to do so. He never asked if people thought it was a good idea or whether it was legal or not . And after the first few people gave him this unwanted advice and he replied quite politely saying why he wanted to fit them and didn't care about the opinions given he got more opinions and judgement.

It could have been avoided if people just scrolled past and found a toilet thread to comment on instead .

Upvote 0
May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985

Tbh it would often help matters if people who can't just answer the question asked and would refrain from sticking their nose in with their judgement and opinions it would wind people up less.

I'm sure some do it deliberately on here and keep pushing till someone gets frustrated and breaks rule 1 then they run to the teacher to clipe.

It's entirely his choice to do so. He never asked if people thought it was a good idea or whether it was legal or not . And after the first few people gave him this unwanted advice and he replied quite politely saying why he wanted to fit them and didn't care about the opinions given he got more opinions and judgement.

It could have been avoided if people just scrolled past and found a toilet thread to comment on instead .

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So insinuating a member has no friends due to their attitude is worse than calling other funsters cretins and imbeciles.
I give in, thread ignored.
As far as I could see he never called any individual am imbecile or a cretin.

He said some of the comments were the words of an imbecile.... and some were cretinous.

He wasn't lying....some comments on this thread are idiotic, pointless and unhelpful. Others were written just to wind the op up.

He was also correct with many of the comments being based on assumption.

Legality.....many wrongly stating illegal.

Insurance .....many wrongly stating insurance wouldn't cover or would increase premium etc.

Mot.... many claiming it would fail am mot.

All of these were incorrect.

Some then changed tactics and started on the lights instead .

There are many who have extra lights fitted to vehicles correctly , and use them properly but somehow a few people automatically assumed the op wouldn't.

As I said a few posts up if people have no actual experience of Something their comments are unhelpful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Exactly.
Replies often make me chuckle and resemble a politician being interviewed when they reply to a question that hasn't been asked. :rolleyes:
Yes as the op said to me in a pm message , it's like asking someone directions to Oxford and them giving you directions to crewe . Absolutely pointless

I think many just feel they have to comment regardless if they have a clue or not.

Maybe they don't get to speak in the house without permission so this is their outlet.

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
pelican

That's twice you've quoted me now without actually adding any post of your own.

If you're unsure how to do it you could start a thread asking advice and see if you get instructions how to install a battery or flush the toilet šŸ˜

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
....because a few silly people couldn't talk on a phone and drive they treat everyone the same šŸ™„

Thinking you can drive perfectly well on the phone and actually doing it are different things. My Dad thought his eyesight was perfectly good for driving when it clearly wasn't, my mother in law thought that at 95 and after a major stroke she would still be able to drive but she clearly couldn't. Most drunk drivers think they are fine to drive.

You are not always the best judge of your own abilities.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Thinking you can drive perfectly well on the phone and actually doing it are different things. My Dad thought his eyesight was perfectly good for driving when it clearly wasn't, my mother in law thought that at 95 and after a major stroke she would still be able to drive but she clearly couldn't. Most drunk drivers think they are fine to drive.

You are not always the best judge of your own abilities.
How can a million Greeks be wrong.. phone in one hand ,coffee and cigarette in the other , knees steering the vehicle.. easy peasy lol.

No different from a cb radio and they're not illegal.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back