How do I get to the micro switch ........ (5 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
....... in a Reich Vector S basin tap?

After being intermittent for a while our basin tap has now completely stopped working.
I assume this is due to corosion in the switch but I can't workout how to get into the tap in order to check and replace if necessary.

Any advice welcome please.
1725714791726.jpeg

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Don’t know how to get a part but could be a screw under that cap under the lever.
The problem is possibly a broken switch wire.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
There's usually a screw under the red/blue indicator that prises out,if you have one !

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
As said there is a screw in the top under the cover that gets the lever off but you need to get the barrel off as well. There is a very small torx head grub screw at the back towards the bottom you need to take the tap out to get to it.

The screw in the top of the tap is an unplated socket cap screw that goes rusty in my last Hymer I replaced them all with stainless steel ones.
Also got fed up with microswitches failing and fitted a Shureflo pressure switched pump & disconnected the wires to the microswitches.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
The screw on the back is a real pain. I used a small mirror to assist in locating and removing.

When you locate the microswitch, I would advise you to take photos to assist. It is important that the new switch is fitted correctly or you will be in the same position in a weeks time.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
....... in a Reich Vector S basin tap?

After being intermittent for a while our basin tap has now completely stopped working.
I assume this is due to corosion in the switch but I can't workout how to get into the tap in order to check and replace if necessary.

Any advice welcome please.

Brian, I was faced with asking the same question when we were in Armacoa de Pera in Portugal a few years ago. The only answer was to get a motorhome engineer to do it. Fortunately there was a UK ex-pat who lived locally and he sorted it out and fitted a new microswitch. Bit of a faff though. Then a couple of years ago it went again when we were touring in the UK. A few days later the same happened to the kitchen sink.

I decided then that enough was enough. So I replaced the microswitch system with a pressure switch system. I wanted to keep our submersible pump because it is very quiet. So I just bought a Whale pressure switch and fitted it. Once I had got everything together it only took about a couple of hours.

Last edited:
OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
:thanks3:
Thanks everyone for your valuable input.
I got the insert out of the top and as Lenny HB says it is completely rusted. I shall have another look tomorrow but it looks like favorite is to change to a pressure switch system.

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
:thanks3:
Thanks everyone for your valuable input.
I got the insert out of the top and as Lenny HB says it is completely rusted. I shall have another look tomorrow but it looks like favorite is to change to a pressure switch system.
It's only screwed into nylon so should come out.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Peter, can you recall what else you needed and where did you install the pressure switch?
I fitted it next to the top of the water tank. Cut the water feed from the pump and fitted it in. Power was simple, just join the microswitch wires from one tap. That gave a permant live wire to the Whale switch and that will switch on the pump when the pressure drops when any tap opens. When the tap closes the pressure rises and the switch turns the pump off.

You can adjust the pressure that the tap switches on. Only problem is that if you get a leak the pump empties the tank and then keeps running dry.. After that happened and burnt out the pump I always switch off the main pump switch when I leave the motorhome.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I fitted it next to the top of the water tank. Cut the water feed from the pump and fitted it in. Power was simple, just join the microswitch wires from one tap. That gave a permant live wire to the Whale switch and that will switch on the pump when the pressure drops when any tap opens. When the tap closes the pressure rises and the switch turns the pump off.

You can adjust the pressure that the tap switches on. Only problem is that if you get a leak the pump empties the tank and then keeps running dry.. After that happened and burnt out the pump I always switch off the main pump switch when I leave the motorhome.
Just what I did. The pressure switch can be installed anywhere in the plumbing as it's all at the same pressure. No need to change the pump as it works perfectly well with the existing submersible one. I also fitted a separate water pump switch as my van didn't have one. Whale pressure switch around £35 and water pump switch 90p.

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005

Thanks Peter, all very simple then. {I like simple:laughing:}

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back