How do I disable this R37 or is it R28 ? Carthago CBE DS470-CA split charge relay ?!?!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-line
Exp
Since 2005
Hi,
I have connected the inverter / fuses / b2b in the van. Last thing is this dreaded SCR disabling and R37.
Have just pulled out all the connectors, unbolted the existing CBE charger and searching for the R37.
But the one I found looks nothing like others have posted ? How do I disable the SCR ?

Please help.
IMG_4794.jpeg

IMG_4792.jpeg

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
All i can do is repeat the photos i sent.
there is one of the previous contributors that could help but i cant remember the spelling to pull up his name. Pausim

2A9BF2E0-9AAB-4D37-B8AF-6997C6565C7C.jpeg

r37.jpg

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I did ours a slightly different way, I fitted the B2B in line between the Cbe and leisure batteries (so left the scr in place) then bridged the B2B with a 5 pin N/C 40amp relay triggered this with the same d+ that starts the B2B also opens the relay breaking the std charging circuit been like this for over 2 years now,
One of the advantages of doing it this way is the engine battery still gets a 2amp trickle charge from the Cbe.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
That resistor labelled R37 isn't the one. It's a rectangular surface mount resistor, with a definite resistance value of 153 ohms.

If you look at the R37 in the1andonly's pic, you will see it's an old-style resistor with a wire sticking out both ends, and a black line painted on it. That is what is called a zero-ohm link. it's simply a wire link that connects the two points that it's soldered to. You need to find the correct zero-ohm link, and then snip through the wire at one of the ends, so that the link is broken. I can't see well enough on your pic, maybe you could post a pic of any likely candidates now you know what you are looking for.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
I did the n/c relay like others because I wasn’t confident enough the to snip the r37 but putting the relay in the solar stopped charging when on the move so now I’ve just put a manual switch between B1 and B2 and just turn it off when moving that way I get B2b and solar charging the hab battery

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back