How do I ask for cash back in French supermarkets (8 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
We were in a Spar yesterday at Marseillan Plage (France) and they were definitely offering a cash-back service. There was a poster saying something like:
“Vous pouvez prendre d’argent a la caisse?”

We took out €50 as we notice more and more sites now want their payment in spondooliks not card bancaires.👍

Apr 7, 2022
34390 Saint-Étienne-d'Albagnan, France
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
It's worth keeping in mind that Revolut is not technically a bank (yet, the application is in process)
However most of the other players, except Monzo, are banks.

The bank that seems to continually score highest in the Euro account market is Starling.
To such a degree that they recently had to suspend taking on new Euro accounts this summer as they could not train up enough new staff fast enough.
Revolut is a bank in many countries, it seems that someone is dragging their heels getting the approval through in the UK

Oct 17, 2021
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since September 2020
I have always used my Halifax credit card at atm’s world wide with no charge except for interest until I transfer money online to pay it off asap.

However, my first time in Europe in a Motorhome this year, I discovered that I can withdraw cash from my Santander account, at any Santander atm, without any charges.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back