LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
A few years
Thanks, didn’t realise that wasn’t a screenshot, but no harm in making it more obvious to other readers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Im not sure mousy i think she was , it was the photo of the lady that struck me as similar , i hope she is found safe and sound 🤞🏻

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Yes I remember that. Was she found ok? Just been off grid for awhile?
Yes, the earlier lady went missing in Spain in 2021. She was found safe and well, thankfully, and had been travelling in an area with no phone signal. (Which just shows that if you're going to go out of phone range, when you normally speak to someone every day, it's a good idea to let them know you'll be out of touch for a while.)

I hope this lady is found in similar circumstances, and soon. Having had a family member go missing some years ago (very quickly found, to my enormous relief) I know firsthand how frightening and upsetting it is.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Yes, the earlier lady went missing in Spain in 2021. She was found safe and well, thankfully, and had been travelling in an area with no phone signal. (Which just shows that if you're going to go out of phone range, when you normally speak to someone every day, it's a good idea to let them know you'll be out of touch for a while.)

I hope this lady is found in similar circumstances, and soon. Having had a family member go missing some years ago (very quickly found, to my enormous relief) I know firsthand how frightening and upsetting it is.

You might not know there is no signal until you get there.

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
You might not know there is no signal until you get there.
Yes, that is true, but if that were the case it would surely be sensible to return the following day to where there was signal in order to at least let your loved ones know you're ok.
I'm a solo traveller 99% of the time, and I've NOT stayed at some nice places specifically because there's no phone signal. Apart from being out of touch with family and friends, that also means that I couldn't easily call for help if I needed it. In ten years I've twice had to go to hospital while away with my van (not for anything serious, I'm glad to say), and once had the van damaged while on tour. So in general I avoid staying where I am totally out of contact, and if I'm away where I might not be in touch as usual I always let them know.
Last week, when I was away with extremely ropey signal, I pre-warned my family that I might very well be out of touch for a few days. That said, I was camping with a lot of other people so could have got help if I'd needed it.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Even if your own phone SIM provider has no signal you can usually do emergency calls anyway.

Also even in a bad area do a text then if you get a signal for a second or two, no matter how weak, it will go, might not be immediately but as you move around chances are high that it will.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I always carry 2 phones on different networks.
Travelled across Spain, nowhere remote, lost signal on one a few times.
Used the 'good' phone as a hotspot to access apps on the other.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I always carry 2 phones on different networks.
Travelled across Spain, nowhere remote, lost signal on one a few times.
Used the 'good' phone as a hotspot to access apps on the other.
I have 2 dual sim phones, main one has my main and my contract sims in (I need both numbers usable) and my other one I use when I go abroad and put a roaming sim in. :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
Globecar Globescout
Just been told a post on her FB page at 11.00 on 31/7/2024, says she's still missing. Can some one clarify? I'm not on FB.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back