Allanm

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I have used every port I have herd off delays on this forum have arrived expecting burning tiers lorry's and campers being hijacked.
Migrants betting up drivers and raping the women and children.
Things being thrown off bridges and hitting lorry's and campers then migrants killing everyone on board.
The only thing is when we arrive it always seems to have passed twenty min later
Frome what I am herring we had all better rip up our passports and stop going over there it's not worth the risk
gassed and robed in the airs theirs another risk not worth it
bill
That’s newspapers for you, they’ll write anything to make money.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
a couple of French stunners
Hi Gus.
Simone Signoret...... Bridget Bardot...Anna Karina ...Sandrein ? Bonnaire...... Got to go for a lie down...Emotional overload. "Only a couple of French stunners ?" ONE WILL BE ENOUGH FOR ME!!(y)
Tea Bag

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Well, can gladly report, no queues of trucks Calais side. Folkestone definitely, don’t know if the queues are because of customs though.

On our way up through France, we saw two separate groups of ‘yellow vests’, no delays, we were surprised at the age range of the groups, young to old.

And lastly didn’t see any immigrant types, but then who would be hanging around at 12.30 am for a ride.

Zepp

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Just checked in on our way back to the U.K. no one in the French customs booth just drove through .
Only complaint is it’s freezing lol

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
@gus-lopez we have had it regularly now at the tunnel. You get through the first bit and the gendarmes are there and wipe your dashboard. They normally do half a dozen vehicles together. If the result comes back negative you all go through. If it s positive you probably get your own test and one or more of you gets turned over.
The trick is to always take your cocaine in the habitation part of your motorhome and really wash your hands to stop transference.
So thats what it's for
. I thought they just wanted my steering wheel to be nice and clean before entering their country :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I would think clearing a group of 100 migrants off the ferry in about an hour as reported in the link is pretty good going.

Bet their glad I`m not in charge?, Short bursts of LMG. would sort that out Toot Sweet.

I wish they had:)

I would advise a quiet lie down, the mind is willing, but?. And those sort of stress levels are not good in the average "funster" age group

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
We travelled through Dieppe Friday teatime there was no problem at all, not a migrant to be seen. No problem with customs.
Disgusted with the state of the roads in the UK, it's like driving in a third world country after 6 months in Portugal. 5 hours delay on the M1 alone pathetic.
:party2::party2::party2::party2::party2::party2::party2::party2:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We also commented on the state of the roads when coming up M2 and M11 on Friday. We posted on here a couple of years back about the amount of rubbish on the verges, it still hasn’t changed.

Long tailbacks on the M11 due to an accident, so took the back roads. We wanted nothing more than to turn around and head back to Portugal. Can’t wait for 27th of this month when we can head south again.

Ivory55

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
We also commented on the state of the roads when coming up M2 and M11 on Friday. We posted on here a couple of years back about the amount of rubbish on the verges, it still hasn’t changed.

Long tailbacks on the M11 due to an accident, so took the back roads. We wanted nothing more than to turn around and head back to Portugal. Can’t wait for 27th of this month when we can head south again.
Do you think the rubbish in the verges is more noticeable because it’s trapped in the long grass and un cut hedges ? When the grass was shorter it could blow away more easily.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Do you think the rubbish in the verges is more noticeable because it’s trapped in the long grass and un cut hedges ? When the grass was shorter it could blow away more easily.
Rubbish is rubbish wherever it blows and it's put there by the British. Uncouth lot. Readers of this forum excepted, of course.

GPW

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
We travelled through Dieppe Friday teatime there was no problem at all, not a migrant to be seen. No problem with customs.
Disgusted with the state of the roads in the UK, it's like driving in a third world country after 6 months in Portugal. 5 hours delay on the M1 alone pathetic.
:party2::party2::party2::party2::party2::party2::party2::party2:

I found the same but made the mistake of taking the A roads on the way back and then joined a 40mph stretch of the M25 later as they wanted to change a light bulb along some of the 20 miles they'd restricted. So a mixture of bumpy offroad and farce in the UK.

Ivory55

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Rubbish is rubbish wherever it blows and it's put there by the British. Uncouth lot. Readers of this forum excepted, of course.
Was not saying it’s a good thing just more noticeable.

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
Whats it like going to Santander in spain do you think there going to be as bad

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We have just arrived home from France. Like others, the state of the roads and the rubbish is embarrassing. It is difficult to avoid the potholes on the motorways, they must be killers for motorcycles.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We have just arrived home from France. Like others, the state of the roads and the rubbish is embarrassing. It is difficult to avoid the potholes on the motorways, they must be killers for motorcycles.
Your telling me !

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
Perhaps we should have tolls to pay for clearing the verges as they do in France. Let’s face it, it’s probably foreign lorries causing our problems.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Well if you lived in Kent you would understand, and no there are no smilies.

Ivory55

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I wonder what % of British lorries park there to travel to Europe against % of foreign trucks parking for the ferry.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Last September we drove France,Germany,Austria, Slovenia,Italy and Croatia and could count the number of British lorries we saw on one hand. We have foreign lorries parked in our side roads and slip roads overnight and I can assure you they do not take their disgusting rubbish with them. We have lorry parks but they race to fill lay-byes every afternoon in order not to pay for a proper stop. If you should need to stop for an emergency there is no way you would get into a lay-bye as they block the entrances with their vehicles. Sorry about rant but a nerve has been touched

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Last September we drove France,Germany,Austria, Slovenia,Italy and Croatia and could count the number of British lorries we saw on one hand. We have foreign lorries parked in our side roads and slip roads overnight and I can assure you they do not take their disgusting rubbish with them. We have lorry parks but they race to fill lay-byes every afternoon in order not to pay for a proper stop. If you should need to stop for an emergency there is no way you would get into a lay-bye as they block the entrances with their vehicles. Sorry about rant but a nerve has been touched

I don't understand how they re allowed to park for the night on the hard shoulder on the exit to the services. Try stopping a UK truck on the hard shoulder, it won't be long before Vosa are there!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Perhaps we should have tolls to pay for clearing the verges as they do in France. Let’s face it, it’s probably foreign lorries causing our problems.
I think that is already covered by UK road tax which the French do not have, using toll road payments to fund everything. In France the road crews also do all the rest area cleaning as well.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
I think that is already covered by UK road tax which the French do not have, using toll road payments to fund everything. In France the road crews also do all the rest area cleaning as well.
I had always understood that the toll roads in France were privately owned hence when on a toll autoroute the difference in the standard of the road surface and aires etc is very noticeable compared to the non-payment autoroutes. I stand corrected.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
The fact is, that you travel miles and miles of European motorways without noticing much roadside rubbish, yet the moment you hit the British motorways, they are noticeably strewn with rubbish. It can't just be the foreign truckers, because they travel on both sides of the channel. So the issue has to be on the British side. Whether it is because they are not being cleaned sufficiently, or because it is the English drivers, or a bit of both, it is still an obvious eyesore the the British do not care about. And I for one am constantly ashamed.

And as for the road surfaces ... Let's make Britain great again!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
I don’t think it can be said that the British don’t care! A few more service areas could probably help. With at least 10,000 lorries coming through Dover a day it is no wonder our roads are in the state they are and the cost of repair should not land on the Kent rate payers. Put more goods on the train.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Two wheel job towed.
Exp
Since 2004
Wherever you drive in U.K., city, country, motorways etc always litter presumably thrown from vehicles , it’s a mindset, no respect and just don’t care, could well be how some people live in our once proud country.
Driving through France, Belgium Germany last September, litter free , a real pleasure.

GPW

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
I drove through Northern Spain last summer (Pamplona to Zamora) and didn't see a single bit of litter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back