Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
So while I was exploring the sailing thingy, having lunch in the officers mess and ticking off check boxes for sea trials I found a cat with a collection of dead rats. It was a poor female ratings job to collect the rats and dispose of them. Modern sailing thingys eh?

OP
OP
John n Jinny
Feb 20, 2022
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 599 sport
Exp
Im a newbie
Whoa. Calm down. This is Fun. While there is a ban on correcting spelling, correcting factual errors is helpful, and should also be to the poster as otherwise how does anyone learn anything? How many times do you read here that every day is a school day written by someone who has learnt something? Calling people cretins is hardly being nice asper rule 1.

I found your initial post interesting even if I did expect to see the Cunard liner. The result discussion about the difference between a boat and a ship are also interesting. Deep in my memory I think I knew that but I could not have recalled it.

There is a wealth of knowledge and experience here being a huge part of the attraction.

You will though also see many times a comment that posting a sensible question often brings silly and amusing answers as well as the proper answer.

Don't let it get to you please!
FUN YOUR HAVIN A LAUGH ,THIS PLACE AINT FOR ME ANYMORE .Some great people on here and also some prats .I dont get agitatated until face to face .I dont know you or most of the people on here .The ones I have met in person have been nice .So I shall not bother posting again .

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Rule 1
EVERY NEED TO SHOUT WHEN PEOPLE WONT LISTEN .
So who's not listening.... and what they not listening too / about ??
Your original post got the lead ship in today's Royal Navy confused with the lead ship of Cunard 1960's era Atlantic Liners..
If you don't know what you talking about, and are not willing to except the facts from fellow funsters who are only trying to educate you than I really don't hold out much hope for you...
PS shouting just proves a week willed character.. 👍👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
John n Jinny ... watch you don't get really really confused because HMS Prince of Wales has recently also left Pompey..👍👍

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
EVERY NEED TO SHOUT WHEN PEOPLE WONT LISTEN .
You got a good number of likes for your original post, are you sure you are not over reacting? The Royal Navy would never let anyone get away with getting names and vessels confused, it is just how it is.

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
FUN YOUR HAVIN A LAUGH ,THIS PLACE AINT FOR ME ANYMORE .Some great people on here and also some prats .I dont get agitatated until face to face .I dont know you or most of the people on here .The ones I have met in person have been nice .So I shall not bother posting again .
Oh dear … really!!!

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Prats and Cretins..
How you not in Coventry... ????
politely , dont you not think you / we have wound the poster up enough? intentionaly or not.

not everyone has the experience of everyone else here, and not everyone is an expert or wanna be expert, it could easily have been washed over.

lets just let it go, it obvs just peed him off, I found the original post interesting and glad it was posted, and 90% of following posts just made me yaaaaawn, who cares... inaccurate minute details or not.

And for ref The Navy considers all vessels ships, boat was a historic slangish term for a sub. as for it being called qe2, hms queen liz or whatever on a motorhome forum, doesnt worry me.

coventry isn't the immediate answer to everything.

I call my wife ...WIFE....but it's not her name :LOL:

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
politely , dont you not think you / we have wound the poster up enough? intentionaly or not.

not everyone has the experience of everyone else here, and not everyone is an expert or wanna be expert, it could easily have been washed over.

lets just let it go, it obvs just peed him off, I found the original post interesting and glad it was posted, and 90% of following posts just made me yaaaaawn, who cares... inaccurate minute details or not.

And for ref The Navy considers all vessels ships, boat was a historic slangish term for a sub. as for it being called qe2, hms queen liz or whatever on a motorhome forum, doesnt worry me.

coventry isn't the immediate answer to everything.

I call my wife ...WIFE....but it's not her name :LOL:
I we have not wound the Poster up at all..
They made a statement in their first post that was woofully inaccurate and quite frankly laughable and I politely corrected them to the true facts of what they were saying and since then there has been nothing but a tirade off shouting obsenitis from them with absolutely no apology for their tantrums...😱😱😱

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It is not HMS QE2....
It is HMS Queen Elizabeth...
No QE and no 2..👍👍

I think after someone has taken the time to upload a picture and make an interesting post, You could have responded with a little less 'smart-arse'.

WISH I HAD NOT BOTHERED YOU PEDANTIC BUNCH OF CRETINS .GET YOUR PUNCTUATION RIGHT OR DONT POST .I DONT CARE IF IT QE2 QE8 ITS A BIG BOAT DEAL WITH IT .

John, you overreacted, yes putting you right they way he did was a little pedantic but, it was hardly an assault; I don't think there was any intention to offend. "You need a little thicker skin on forums and don't take things personal. Responding by calling others names gets you banned. You are out for a week.

So who's not listening.... and what they not listening too / about ??
Your original post got the lead ship in today's Royal Navy confused with the lead ship of Cunard 1960's era Atlantic Liners..
If you don't know what you talking about, and are not willing to except the facts from fellow funsters who are only trying to educate you than I really don't hold out much hope for you...
PS shouting just proves a week willed character.. 👍👍

So telling someone they have a weak character is going to calm a situation how? Rule 1 is clear, if someone is rude, then you report it. If you respond in kind, you get the same ban. You are out for a week as well. This is your second rule 1 violation, please let's not see a third.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Too late. the head honcho has dealt with it.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
Warfare is changing, interesting article on the vulnerability of large carriers to Rheinmetall drone swarms, launched from containers!
I wonder if we will continue building big ships that cost upwards of £10bn and can be sunk by a Mavic Mini Pro 4

As Putin said 'big Ship Big target'!

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
If we can do air to air refuelling to get a Vulcan to the Falklands all those years back, do we need a carrier fleet?

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I we have not wound the Poster up at all..
They made a statement in their first post that was woofully inaccurate and quite frankly laughable and I politely corrected them to the true facts of what they were saying and since then there has been nothing but a tirade off shouting obsenitis from them with absolutely no apology for their tantrums...😱😱😱
I'm all for banter, but it's can come across wrong when typed and said in certain ways

I'd much rather see more information on where it is, what's it doing, what's it capable of and things of that nature and not get bogged down reading a thread of inaccurate pedantic posts that have wound the op up, and like I said, intentionally or not, it continued which derailed downgraded the potentially interesting thread for me as like I said I flew over it monday and pointed it out to my youngest through the window ,not knowing what it was at the time.

Scotsblood

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 194
Exp
Since 2017
Our daughter spent a few weeks aboard the ship. She loved it and currently stationed in Portsmouth was there to see it come alongside. BD9929E5-DFCF-435B-A186-3D92E730673E.jpeg D1F19A73-4F89-4203-BF90-262BE6C39AB0.jpeg

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
If we can do air to air refuelling to get a Vulcan to the Falklands all those years back, do we need a carrier fleet?
Makes for a quicker and longer term response/defence around the world I suppose.

Scotsblood

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 194
Exp
Since 2017
Brilliant, what does she do
Logistics Officer. She’s off again tomorrow to join a ship to do ‘something somewhere warm’. We’ve just about got used to not really knowing much till we are told! You can’t help but worry as a parent but.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back