Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 2, 2017
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globe Traveller
Exp
Since 2002
A Rapido 9010DF would fit the bill I think, but as rare as hens teeth unfortunately. I had one many years ago and it was a lovely van.

Feb 3, 2023
Funster No
MH
#5#16+four
Hi all, thanks for accepting me into your group.

I’m a newbie, looking to gleam knowledge before I dive in and buy my first used MH.

Particularly interested to learn of makes/models of end lounge with small dianette (preferably x2 seats behind the x2 swivel captain seats, if there is such a thing) trying to achieve near 7m as poss. Aroond 2009 to 2014 age.

Many thanks
To look at different layout diagrams to find one that suits, try caravanfinder.co.uk and click on Motorhomes. Choose how many berths you'd like and you will then see all the different layouts of motorhomes available for sale on the website at that time. It's a very useful tool!

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
To look at different layout diagrams to find one that suits, try caravanfinder.co.uk and click on Motorhomes. Choose how many berths you'd like and you will then see all the different layouts of motorhomes available for sale on the website at that time. It's a very useful tool!

Just looked at that. What a great way to search for the layout you want! Big thumbs up to CaravanFinder!! :)

OP
OP
L

loolee

Free Member
Aug 24, 2024
Funster No
MH
just looking
Thank you so much, really appreciated

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L

loolee

Free Member
Aug 24, 2024
Funster No
MH
just looking
A Rapido 9010DF would fit the bill I think, but as rare as hens teeth unfortunately. I had one many years ago and it was a lovely van.
Perfect thank you so much for replying

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Chausson 788
Exp
20 years
We had a Auto- Sleeper EL rear lounge, had a removable small table and a removable large table, great for sitting up looking out , when it came to bedtime,we had to put the excess cushions on driver's and passenger seats ( pain in the back side) oven door fixed vertically ok if motorhome is dead level if it's slightly down on front door hit you when removing stuff from oven, no much storage, motorhome fell to bits , drawer fronts fell off hab.door inner lining came detached and so on, sold after 11 months, plus the Dealer was pathetic, nowent back to island bed make, diesel heating .
If I were to want an end lounge I would look a Pilote 696?? Can't remember the rest of the model but, it has a end lounge, and a drop down bed above the rear in lounge, all you have to do is put some of the lounge cushions on the floor and the bed will came down over them quite low.

Jan 1, 2022
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 2017

I’m a newbie, looking to gleam knowledge before I dive in and buy my first used MH.

Particularly interested to learn of makes/models of end lounge with small dianette (preferably x2 seats behind the x2 swivel captain seats, if there is such a thing) trying to achieve near 7m as poss. Aroond 2009 to 2014 age.

Many thanks

Many thanks
Is this what you're looking for at 6m

Many thanks
Is this the sort of thing you're looking for at 6m long

IMG20230610192126.jpg

IMG_20230905_084104.jpg

IMG_20240729_142354.jpg

IMG20221021143350.jpg

Oct 25, 2023
Somerset, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Only since April 2024 (but caravanning since 2020)
Welcome, and an exciting time choosing and buying an MH awaits! :giggle:

We’re on our first MH, purchased six weeks ago. We had written a list of what we wanted in priority order, trawled several MH dealer websites, sat inside about fifteen different models and versions, ( We were not at all hung up on a given brand), thinking through various likely scenarios exactly as outlined by the old man above, then after two long weekends of this, test-drove two - a 6.5 metre Coachbuilt and a 6.3 metre Panel Van Conversion.

By then our list had changed around a bit in terms of priorities, and quite a few things added to it (mostly through a lot of reading on Motorhomefun!!), plus the price we were willing to pay (Top of our list). We choose not to take a big depreciation hit on something brand new, and aim in the five year old plus bracket - knowing here we could well want to ‘upgrade’ (meaning more about change layouts or type once we’ve had a good lot of use and getting what we want (or not) and all the enjoyment out of our first purchase).

From the start we were adamant that we wanted Automatic Transmission (Second on our list) and the exact layout you’ve described, (Third on our list). This really limited our choices a lot, and seemed to mean a newer vehicle, so we upped our budget accordingly…

Most interesting for us was that both test drives were in manual transmission vehicles with the layout we wanted - one with just delivery mileage on it - which convinced us both to stick to our guns on those choices. There were all sorts of fabulous distractions in other vehicles, and you could not guess how many times we nearly went manual transmission to avail of some of them (storage capacity inside being the biggest distraction) or going for a larger one we’d have to store elsewhere, rather than a compact that would fit on the drive (thinking about this now, probably should have been higher than fourth on our list)- and then bingo! - a five year old automatic Panel Van Conversion at 6.3m (max length for our drive) had just turned up on the forecourt of the third dealership we visited, all other boxes ticked - and we purchased that one on the spot.

We’ve now added 1,400 miles on the clock and three weeks in Republic of Ireland, with me working some days online (hence the layout choice and priority for this)…. but the Automatic transmission choice worked out for us on the first day of this trip, taking about 2.5 hours getting from Bristol to South Wales stuck on the M4 at an average 9 mph…

So with all those boxes ticked for us and a decent length road trip, will we likely upgrade? Nope…so far so good, we’ve a couple of minor niggles but certainly too early to cry out for a change…

Brice mentioned above an AutoSleeper Fairford, we looked at a used one and liked it a lot, only we didn’t find an auto transmission version available - and we have bought the AutoTrail equivalent of the Faiford, a Tribute T670 - same base van, very little we as newbies could see to differ between the two… the trim on the seats in the AutoSleeper perhaps had nicer colouring.….?

As a newbie to both MH-ing and Funsters, best advice I can offer is as set out by everyone else above… be sure of what details matter to you, be patient and enjoy your search - and best wishes with it…
What an excellent first class 101 lesson for newbies looking for their 3rd motorhome first! Bravo!👏 I salute your very detailed advice. We bought our first motorhome in February after a few years caravanning. Researched online for around 5 months. Went to the shows (NEC Birmingham, Stuttgart, and Exeter), checked reviews ratings,, visited many dealers. Decided on an Adria Compact. Bought almost new 7 month old. Did a short trip, and then 16 weeks in Europe. The van is a BIG mistake. Too compact and narrow inside. Fridge way too tiny. Under German bed storage awful. Etc. Looking at selling. Like the Chausson 630. But need to hire a drop down bed to try. Bottom line, I really like your approach. Make a list. Wait. Don't rush in. Other vans WILL come around. Rent a similar model. Know what you want. But that's the most difficult. Living in the van for almost 4 months definitely helped us know what works and what doesn't. I'm printing out your sound advice. I just want to buy and tour! But as the Greeks say "siga siga". Thank you again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L

loolee

Free Member
Aug 24, 2024
Funster No
MH
just looking
We had a Auto- Sleeper EL rear lounge, had a removable small table and a removable large table, great for sitting up looking out , when it came to bedtime,we had to put the excess cushions on driver's and passenger seats ( pain in the back side) oven door fixed vertically ok if motorhome is dead level if it's slightly down on front door hit you when removing stuff from oven, no much storage, motorhome fell to bits , drawer fronts fell off hab.door inner lining came detached and so on, sold after 11 months, plus the Dealer was pathetic, nowent back to island bed make, diesel heating .
If I were to want an end lounge I would look a Pilote 696?? Can't remember the rest of the model but, it has a end lounge, and a drop down bed above the rear in lounge, all you have to do is put some of the lounge cushions on the floor and the bed will came down over them quite low.
Thank you so much for this, really appreciated

Aug 30, 2024
Funster No
MH
looking to buy soon.
That is so helpful, I hadn’t tried caravan finder and we are looking for a fixed bed MH. Thanks for this 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back