Jun

Rally HEREFORD RALLY 27th June - 1st July 2024 (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Well finally got to the Marygold Indian restaurant tonight as many of you had recommended it👍 Only to come out of the door and get attacked by a seagull for no reason that I can see (never had any food in my hands)
Anyway small cut on head and seagulls are bloody heavy when they hit you😵‍💫

Sorry to hear this Steve 😮

I can’t help but think thank god it was you not Denise… the size of these seagulls, they could have had her away! 🤪

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Thank you Polly for a great meet. Thanks to Rob for giving us the best pitch 🙂

We (and the @nutrocker Pat’s) had a great day at the Waterworks Museum and then Helen and I enjoyed the hospitality of the Mr porky s until my day was ruined with a text from Airbnb cancelling my apartment booking in Stockholm and returning my money. Flights arranged and booked around the days the apartment was vacant and difficult to find alternative with daughter and granddaughters to accommodate all wanting separate beds. Walking distance of sister /Tunnelbana also important. Going end of July.
I suppose it is better than getting there and finding accommodation a scam or something.
See you at Quackers !

IMG_2639.jpeg
IMG_2643.jpeg
IMG_2656.jpeg
IMG_2663.jpeg

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along

We (and the @nutrocker Pat’s) had a great day at the Waterworks Museum and then Helen and I enjoyed the hospitality of the Mr porky s until my day was ruined with a text from Airbnb cancelling my apartment booking in Stockholm and returning my money. Flights arranged and booked around the days the apartment was vacant and difficult to find alternative with daughter and granddaughters to accommodate all wanting separate beds. Walking distance of sister /Tunnelbana also important. Going end of July.
I suppose it is better than getting there and finding accommodation a scam or something.
See you at Quackers !

View attachment 917512View attachment 917513View attachment 917514View attachment 917515
What configuration beds do you need

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975

See you at Quackers !

View attachment 917512View attachment 917513View attachment 917514View attachment 917515
When I worked in Sweden many years ago, July was the main holiday period and nearly ALL commercial establishments closed down for their holidays.
So, unless thing have changed, July may not be the easiest time to find accommodation?

There are a number of hostels, cheaper hotels towards the West of the City or perhaps, around Solna?
There's even, or was, a Wind Jammer type hostel boat near the centre.

Good luck, see you at Quackers! 👍

PS. Riverbankannie, forgot to mention, most campsites have Chalet accommodation and the Bus & Rail network into Stockholm are/were VERY GOOD!
I sometimes lived in Kapellskars and used to commute to the centre most days in luxury buses. 👍

PPS. It might be worth logging into WWW.CAMPING.SE

Last edited:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We (Bill &Kate ) would Like to thank the band and the guitar player, Carol, Stuart,Janine & Geraldine and all the uke players,Rob on the trombone and anyone one else we may have forgotten to mention . The entertainment was fantastic on Saturday and a loving tribute to Dave (Toledo) you all did him proud

Also a BIG thankyou for Steve and Denise for entertaining us at Amanda's birthday party + to those that sang happy birthday in English and then the Welsh hooligans Sang it in Welsh ❤️❤️❤️ memories for Amanda to cherish

Jun 4, 2019
North licolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Back home safe in North Lincolnshire.
Thank you to everyone involved for making this meet amazing yet again! Friday nights music and singing was great and Saturday afternoons musicians and singers were brilliant.
Polly you did Dave proud❤
Until we meet again in a field one day stay safe everyone.

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
A big thank you to all involved in making this a memorable meet. Special thanks go to Polly for organising the meet and the memorial for Dave whilst having to go to hospital and do a dry one herself sans Pimm's :rolleyes: and a thank you to the musicians for their contributions.
Thanks also to Ray (Swansea Jack) for booking space for the follow on from Coleford.
Pauline and Mike

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
Well Polly, I’d like to thank you for getting us on this rally at short notice. Also for everyone involved in organising a great weekend. It was such a pleasure to see lots of funsters we hadn’t seen for quite a while. My only regret is after my own fight against the “C” which caused us to miss Benidorm this year, I didn’t get to see Dave or chat to him over the winter.
You certainly did him proud Polly and it was a pleasure to have got to know him.
Hope to see you soon.
Graham

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
A big thanks to Polly, Lee & Rob great rally great location.

Sorry I missed saying hello to you Polly, all the best for the future.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Thanks Polly for another great meet, also thanks Lee and Rob 'The Trombone' for the marshalling. Saturday was a special and touching tribute to Dave and will be long in the memory, with some excellent entertainment.
Thanks also to Ray for the follow on meet, wow it was warm.
We are now in Canterbury and will be on the ferry in the morning for our 7 week spin around Germany with a couple of visits to Berlin to see the family and grandkids.
Safe travels all.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks Polly for another great meet, also thanks Lee and Rob 'The Trombone' for the marshalling. Saturday was a special and touching tribute to Dave and will be long in the memory, with some excellent entertainment.
Thanks also to Ray for the follow on meet, wow it was warm.
We are now in Canterbury and will be on the ferry in the morning for our 7 week spin around Germany with a couple of visits to Berlin to see the family and grandkids.
Safe travels all.
Have a lovely time in Germany and seeing the family.

Has Shirley knitted anything new for Asheel (sorry if it’s misspelt) and Marius?

Tell her not to forget to take photos!

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Hows Phils finger doing?
I was thinking, I'm not sure I want to know!!, until I remembered what the writer was referring to! What I will never forget, is Choccy boy tipping over the doggies' lead and falling on his bad arm and sore face! I felt partly responsible, and could do nothing to help! Hope all is well! But hope to see all soon! Keep on camping!

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Another brilliant Funster meet - thanks to Polly, Rob and Lee for organising us so well.

Weren’t we lucky with the weather for Dave’s party on Saturday? A fabulous time was had by all (except for the neighbours 🫢)

I am currently being Mrs Grumpy and encouraging the hoards of kids who have descended on the campsite not to use the back of Carpmart ’s van as goalposts 😂

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Another brilliant Funster meet - thanks to Polly, Rob and Lee for organising us so well.

Weren’t we lucky with the weather for Dave’s party on Saturday? A fabulous time was had by all (except for the neighbours 🫢)

I am currently being Mrs Grumpy and encouraging the hoards of kids who have descended on the campsite not to use the back of Carpmart ’s van as goalposts 😂
Tell them to use the garden just behind him 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back