Sep

Rally Henham Steam Rally 15th -17th September 2023. Henham, East Suffolk (1 Viewer)

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
meanders added a new event:

Henham Steam Rally 2023. Henham, East Suffolk

Following the success of Funsters attending last years Steam Rally, we have been invited again, so clearly did not disgrace ourselves too much!

Full details are on their website Henham Steam Rally.

The tickets will be on-line shortly, but I thought we would put it up here so people can plan. Camping tickets with admission will be Ā£70 per pitch which I believe is the same as last year.

If you wish to attend you will need to book with the...

Read more about this event...

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
On the website go to Camping, Buy tickets. Where it asks "ticket type" Motorhome Fun is in the drop down list. šŸ˜€

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Anyone fancy steering a traction engine? Come to Henham and you can sign up to steer one of the engines for a small charitable donation. Not something that has been possible for the last few years.

Robin

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
My tickets arrived today. I have asked when the cut-off date is for advance bookings.

Apr 30, 2022
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starquest
Exp
Years tugging, eighteen months chugging.
My tickets arrived today. I have asked when the cut-off date is for advance bookings.
Our tickets arrived yesterday. Looking forward to Henham and meeting you folks.
Ikey

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I told you that post in Suffolk is awful. We are in the next county to where they were posted (Norfolk), yet they get to the far tip of Cornwall a day faster!

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
The online booking for this ends on 5th September. After that, folks can still pay on the gate, albeit at a higher fee.

If interested, please book direct at https://henhamsteamrally.com/tickets/. On there go to Camping, Buy tickets. Where it asks "ticket type" Motorhome Fun is in the drop down list.

Have not heard if chaser is attending, or if he is bringing 1 or 157 tractors!

Also of interest if anyone has a classic car, bike, commercial vehicle, or static engine etc. See the exhibit section on the web-site should anyone have anything they want to show.

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I have this morning received the list of booked attendees from the organisers and there is a difference between that list and those on here. To help us reconcile the two lists, could all those that have booked this rally, please start a conversation with me (click on the name under the avatar and start conversation is at the bottom of the popup box) giving me their surname please?

Many thanks in anticipation.

NB: I may not be able to reply quickly as have a medical appointment this morning.

Those in this thread are:
AlanandDebbie
Ikey
lladycoach
icantremember (never confirmed as booked)

But anyone else who has booked and hasn't posted here, please also start a conversation as above.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2015
Funster No
Hi Minipoppy here we are attending the steam rally on Friday
I have this morning received the list of booked attendees from the organisers and there is a difference between that list and those on here. To help us reconcile the two lists, could all those that have booked this rally, please start a conversation with me (click on the name under the avatar and start conversation is at the bottom of the popup box) giving me their surname please?

Many thanks in anticipation.

NB: I may not be able to reply quickly as have a medical appointment this morning.

Those in this thread are:
AlanandDebbie
Ikey
lladycoach

But anyone else who has booked and hasn't posted here, please also start a conversation as above.

Sep 28, 2015
Funster No
hi we are coming to the steam rally on Friday we were unable to commit to online booking so will therefore be paying on the gate. We have contacted the organisers and because we are fun members they asked us to inform you of our arrival.
Regards Minipoppy

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Just a note. If we get parked where we did last year is a long walk for water and even then, demand was high and pressure low. If you arrive fairly well topped up for the weekend you could save yourselves some angst.
AlanandDebbie
Ikey
lladycoach
Ejaydee
minipoppy

There are 15 of us booked as MotorhomeFun with Henham.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2015
Funster No
Just a note. If we get parked where we did last year is a long walk for water and even then, demand was high and pressure low. If you arrive fairly well topped up for the weekend you could save yourselves some angst.
Thanks for the info we will top up before we arrive šŸ‘

Feb 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
PPVC Autocruise Alto
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi late decision but we should be able to attend arriving Saturday early pm leaving Sunday at finish off the show, will pay on the gate and bring full water tank many years since attending a Henham steam rally, I would deffo have been in short trousers and remember watching Dick Joyce driving a beautiful scale model showmans engine around etc.

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
If you tell them you want to be with Fun they should bring you over. šŸ‘šŸ˜ƒ

Feb 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
PPVC Autocruise Alto
Exp
I'm a newbie
Slight change of plans should now be there Friday before dark and away Sunday before dark or soon after, so will ask to be directed to the Fun wagon train enclosure

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
AlanandDebbie
Ikey
lladycoach
Ejaydee
minipoppy

There are 15 of us booked as MotorhomeFun with Henham.
My apologies Robin, I should have let you know we are not able to make Henham this time.

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
The MHF flag is up! šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

image.jpg