Free Member
Aug 9, 2024
Tunbridge Wells
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
a year
Hello, I have a Hymer B544 called Helga (she might be elderly, but she's beautiful) and I am a novice ! Is there anyone in Kent who could coach me with respect to her wicked ways ?
A second alternative is that I may decide to sell her (through lack of use) ! Any help / advice would be welcome. Best Regards, Sabretooth.

IMG_0431.JPG

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
w2f

I think you'd need to decide which way you are going really ?
How long have you owned Helga, and have you used it much.
There are funsters around who could help I'm sure, or you could pay to become a full member and go to a rally where there will be plenty of people around to help you get the hang of her ways.

Dec 21, 2014
Littleborough, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
2015 for a year then a break. Now a newbie again!
Not sure what you're really referring to, but both the C&CC and the C&MC do driving courses, so would that help?
Other than that, just get out and have a go. Well, not get out, rather get in and have a go!
If you've specific questions, ask away and others far more savvy than me will answer I'm sure.

May 2, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Frontier
Exp
I'm a newbie
:hiya2: welcome! Helga looks great, get out there, use and enjoy her. As already said, ask away, you will get all the help you need on here. We have had our MH just over a year and still need the help of others here with answers to things that crop up on every trip. It will start it will make sense once you get out in her. Enjoy 👍😁

OP
OP
S

Sabretooth

Free Member
Aug 9, 2024
Tunbridge Wells
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
a year
:hiya2: welcome! Helga looks great, get out there, use and enjoy her. As already said, ask away, you will get all the help you need on here. We have had our MH just over a year and still need the help of others here with answers to things that crop up on every trip. It will start it will make sense once you get out in her. Enjoy 👍😁
Hi, I am able to drive her to and fro, but the tuition I need relates to all the equipment, cooker, fridge etc and the maintenance of batteries, water and gas. Yes, I really am a novice !

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Hi, I am able to drive her to and fro, but the tuition I need relates to all the equipment, cooker, fridge etc and the maintenance of batteries, water and gas. Yes, I really am a novice !
Do you have manuals for the appliances ?
It rather sounds like you could do with someone talking you through their operation although they are mostly pretty straight forward.
Did you get a handover demo from the seller ?
I would suggest perhaps going to a rally where there will be people to help you.
What part of the country are you in

Edit, just reread OP, Kent

OP
OP
S

Sabretooth

Free Member
Aug 9, 2024
Tunbridge Wells
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
a year
It rather sounds like you could do with someone talking you through their operation although they are mostly pretty straight forward.
I would suggest perhaps going to a rally where there will be people to help you.

I inherited her from family member, so no handover or manuals, sadly !

OP
OP
S

Sabretooth

Free Member
Aug 9, 2024
Tunbridge Wells
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
a year

No manuals. I'm in Kent and would love some tuition !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Gosh, it will be a steep learning curve for you.
I still think getting along to a rally will be really worthwhile, there are sure to be helpful people around to show you.
If you can identify the model numbers for the appliances you may be able to download manuals from the Internet.

I'm sure someone on here will have the Hymer manual in PDF.
I'd suggest asking the question in the Hymer section of the forum appealing for one. You'd need to state the year as well as B544.
This will give you general information on the workings of the Hymer but you'll probably still need the appliance manuals.
As a free member you're limited to 5 posts so it'll be worth becoming a full member as the cost will be recovered many times over with the useful information you'll receive.
Good luck

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back