Help with Victron solar controller lithium set up (1 Viewer)

Jun 18, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 275
Hi I’ve just purchased a Roller Team Pegaso 745 and fitted 2 x 110AH I have fitted a new Victron solar controller as the one that was on it didn’t support lithium batteries however it has a Nordelettronica some where and can be programmed for lithium but I can’t find it. I’ve looked high and low so I can set it for lithium. Can anyone help me and tell me where I can find it? Thanks in advance. Tony

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
If it's like my Rollerteam the Nord electronica 287 mains charger is under the drivers seat, however if your motorhome is pre 2020 like mine it will not have the specific lipo setting 2020 on do have a lipo setting however it works fine on the standard lead acid setting charging on mains at 14.2 V and floating at 13.6 which is a little low but the victron solar will make up the difference. While driving it charges at between 14.2 and 14.5v around 20 amps through the standard Nordeletronica shunt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
While driving it charges at between 14.2 and 14.5v around 20 amps through the standard Nordeletronica shunt.
14.5v is a bit high better to charge at 14.1 to 14.2v. You really should fit a B2B it will protect both the alternator and the battery & charge with the correct profile.

Upvote 0

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
14.5v is a bit high better to charge at 14.1 to 14.2v. You really should fit a B2B it will protect both the alternator and the battery & charge with the correct profile.
Agreed 14.5v is slightly high but within the battery specs and it only gets there at high revs, it's not a smart alternator so the cab battery acts as a ballast to give the alternator some protection.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Agreed 14.5v is slightly high but within the battery specs and it only gets there at high revs, it's not a smart alternator so the cab battery acts as a ballast to give the alternator some protection.
Still not a good idea to run Lithium without a B2B, not worth the risk IMO.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T
Jun 18, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 275
If it's like my Rollerteam the Nord electronica 287 mains charger is under the drivers seat, however if your motorhome is pre 2020 like mine it will not have the specific lipo setting 2020 on do have a lipo setting however it works fine on the standard lead acid setting charging on mains at 14.2 V and floating at 13.6 which is a little low but the victron solar will make up the difference. While driving it charges at between 14.2 and 14.5v around 20 amps through the standard Nordeletronica shunt.
Hi Steve N Tracy thank you so much for the information. I’ve spent days looking for it and yes it was under the drivers seat. Did you change the profile to charge lithium as the starter battery is an AGM and I guess the Victron Solar charger will top up if necessary. Also can I please ask your thoughts on Roller Team. I’ve always had Auto Trail and Elddis. Thanks in advance Tony

Upvote 0

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Hi Steve N Tracy thank you so much for the information. I’ve spent days looking for it and yes it was under the drivers seat. Did you change the profile to charge lithium as the starter battery is an AGM and I guess the Victron Solar charger will top up if necessary. Also can I please ask your thoughts on Roller Team. I’ve always had Auto Trail and Elddis. Thanks in advance Tony
Hi Tony, mine did not have a lithium setting as is a 2019 model mine was already set to standard lead acid as thats what the cab battery is and as that was the closest to the lithium bulk charge at 14.2v was OK float at 13.6v was. 2v lower then ideal I left it at that but as I said before the Solar charger should make up difference.
If the mains charger is set up for AGM it's to high for lithium.
What year is yours? As the age will make a diffirence to the alternator and charge set up.
As for build quality it's been very good no major issues at all.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T
Jun 18, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 275
Hi Tony, mine did not have a lithium setting as is a 2019 model mine was already set to standard lead acid as thats what the cab battery is and as that was the closest to the lithium bulk charge at 14.2v was OK float at 13.6v was. 2v lower then ideal I left it at that but as I said before the Solar charger should make up difference.
If the mains charger is set up for AGM it's to high for lithium.
What year is yours? As the age will make a diffirence to the alternator and charge set up.
As for build quality it's been very good no major issues at all.
My vehicle is brand new. I removed my two lithium batteries from the part exchange and fitted a Victron solar charger. I haven’t used the mains charger yet until it’s set up for lithium. Once again thank you so much for the information on the location of the charger. Tony

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back