Help with TV and Soundbar (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 24, 2024
Funster No
MH
Just Purchased
Hello, we purchased the RCA RB24H2CU 12 Volt 24" inch HD TV, Freeview HD from Amazon and is nearly perfect for our needs apart from the sound.

As a result, i purchased a USB soundbar, which i was hoping i could just plug into the TV and it would magically work!

As you might have guessed, I'm getting no sound. Tried all the settings on the TV but had no luck. The sound bar works with blue tooth from my phone, but our TV as no blue tooth, any feedback or suggestions most welcome!

Feb 27, 2022
Banbridge, UK
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg carabus
Exp
Since 2021
Most TVs have a headphone socket. If your sound bar has an aux input, similar socket then all you need is a 3.5 TRS jack to jack lead. That should work

Upvote 0

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
According to Amazon your TV has an Optical cable output, so if your soundbar has an Optical Input then an Optical cable will suffice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I’ve found it better to use 3.5 Jack if possible as I find you don’t get lag that you get with Bluetooth

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L
Jun 24, 2024
Funster No
MH
Just Purchased
Sorry folks, just catching up, the sound bar only has the one cable (USB) coming from it which is hard wired in. No other ports at all on it. Its designed to be used with a PC so guessing this might be the issue. Think i will be returning it back to Amazon and look for a sound bar which is powered by USB but also has other connections available to connect to the TV.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It has a load of input/output sockets.
They must be behind a removable cover etc.

RCA RB24H2CU 12 Volt 24" inch HD TV, Freeview HD DVB-T2/C/S2 Dolby Digital Audio Caravans TV, HD LED Backlighting Display, HDMI VGA PC Audio SCART USB Travel TV, Small TV for Motorhome and Campervan​

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I’d be interested to know what sound bar you have. Would like one for our TV, would need to work off the headphones jack I think, with USB for power.
Wanders from Glos I can’t find any papers for it unfortunately but it is a usb powered soundbar which I power from the TV usb port and I connect it to the headphone jack for sound. I’m bringing it home at the weekend so could look for a brand, if you wanted me to? I’m pretty sure I bought it from Amazon USA and had it shipped over because it was the best one re power and sound source and I couldn’t get it here. It was cheap, around £30/40 I think.

Upvote 0
Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
Thanks, will look into it.

Wanders from Glos I can’t find any papers for it unfortunately but it is a usb powered soundbar which I power from the TV usb port and I connect it to the headphone jack for sound. I’m bringing it home at the weekend so could look for a brand, if you wanted me to? I’m pretty sure I bought it from Amazon USA and had it shipped over because it was the best one re power and sound source and I couldn’t get it here. It was cheap, around £30/40 I think.
I can probably get there from the link, but thank you.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back