Help required, in bayeaux area of france and had a miss hap and need a new complete off side mirror. (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 5, 2022
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail navajo
Exp
4 yrs
Long shot but I need a nearside long arm mirror for a 12plate ducato, any one got any suggestions where to start looking around bayeaux, on our first day of a 3 week break and just slightly peed off with myself and not a frequent france visitor so have limited knowledge.
TIA
chippie

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Sorry to hear this has happened, hopefully won’t ruin the holiday.
I don’t really know the area but I just googled car spares for there and quite a few came up including breakers yard, to many for me to post but give it a google and see what comes up.

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If you are right hand drive you will probably struggle as the mirrors are made differently for LHD. Whether a mirror designed for LHD (driver in a different position) can be adjusted sufficiently I don't know but I seem to recall they can't but only getting one and trying it will confirm. Of course, if you have a passenger they will see perfectly so if a driver could act as a spotter.

The above assumes you need the complete assembly. If it's only the glass then you could order one on amazon.fr and have it delivered to a campsite. Alternatively any Fiat Professional place should have one in stock.

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
If you need a full complete mirror , or just the casing or just the mirror glass itself you can get them on e bay. There must be French ones available.
You need to determine if your mirror is a short medium or long arm .most motorhomes are medium or long arm types. Panel vans are usually short arm.
The above is just an example of what's available on amazon. All the subparts are available.
If you struggle to obtain them then you may have to dig deep into your wallet and go to a French garage and ask them to order one and fit it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
chippie
Dec 5, 2022
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail navajo
Exp
4 yrs
Hi all found/stumbled upon a car spares place, from the bits we have I have a semi working mirror housing and hopefully a new mirror glass coming tomorrow morning.
Thanks for all your help, I was in panic mode but now on an aire in bayeaux and fingers crossed they have ordered the right glass...time to breath.

Upvote 0
Jan 2, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2010
Hi all found/stumbled upon a car spares place, from the bits we have I have a semi working mirror housing and hopefully a new mirror glass coming tomorrow morning.
Thanks for all your help, I was in panic mode but now on an aire in bayeaux and fingers crossed they have ordered the right glass...time to breath.
Are the Ducato LHD/RHD mirror casings in fact interchangeable?

I once had my Iveco mirror taken out by a young man in a van in Germany and discovered they weren't. Now drive a Ducato.

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Are the Ducato LHD/RHD mirror casings in fact interchangeable?

I once had my Iveco mirror taken out by a young man in a van in Germany and discovered they weren't. Now drive a Ducato.
I believe it’s the mirror that is different,
If you look closely at your existing mirrors you will notice a difference in view, one is by more convex than the other.

The same applies to lhd. So the drivers side mirrors have a different viewing magnification.

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
If you look closely at your existing mirrors you will notice a difference in view, one is by more convex than the other.

The same applies to lhd. So the drivers side mirrors have a different viewing magnification.
Every days a school day.

Ta

Upvote 0
Jan 2, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2010

That is interesting. The Iveco crowd in Germany managed to stick my old casing back together and put a new mirror in. This worked - I guess if it was a Ducato they may not have had a mirror of the right convexity for a RHD van!

(My current Ducato is in fact LHD which makes the point moot :giggle: )

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back