Help! Per passport/hca. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Bjg

May 13, 2024
Funster No
MH
Jyst looking
The cost of a dog's Health Certificate in the UK to travel to France is 305 pounds as well as the tape worm, costs to return to the UK! In France, from other stuff I Ve read on another thread from last year on here seemed to be £15? This all seems quite dreadful for the u k to charge so much. It seems we have to pay this awful amount in order to get to France to pa a 20th to get a lifetime passport? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
That's roughly what I've just had to pay to take my cats to Ireland. Some places are cheaper though. Unfortunately a scheme to replace pet passports has not been put in place after Brexit.

There's a grey area which means some EU vets will still issue a pet passport to UK resident pets. But you've still got to get them there in the first place. And keep taking them back to keep their rabies vaccine up to date as it can't be done in the UK.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
w2f

You can get your pet an AHC from one of the vets which has streamlined the service and I think they charge about £99
Abbeywell in Folkestone are a popular choice. You will need to have all the dots ticked, rabies vacc up to date and microchip.
Give them a google and their website will explain the proceedure.
You will not get an EU PP in France, they require a french address, but pop across to Belgium or Germany and you should have no problem.
If you do a search on here there is loads of useful info

The £15 you mention is probably the health check and tapeworm treatment you need a french / EU vet to do 1-5 days prior to return travel. I've never found it that cheap, it's usually 30-40 euro but the closer you get to Calais the more it'll cost in my experience.
You can cut the cost a bit by suppling your own tablet.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2019
Devon / Cornish border
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Kimu 122
Exp
w2f

You can get your pet an AHC from one of the vets which has streamlined the service and I think they charge about £99
Abbeywell in Folkestone are a popular choice. You will need to have all the dots ticked, rabies vacc up to date and microchip.
Give them a google and their website will explain the proceedure.
You will not get an EU PP in France, they require a french address, but pop across to Belgium or Germany and you should have no problem.
If you do a search on here there is loads of useful info

The £15 you mention is probably the health check and tapeworm treatment you need a french / EU vet to do 1-5 days prior to return travel. I've never found it that cheap, it's usually 30-40 euro but the closer you get to Calais the more it'll cost in my experience.
You can cut the cost a bit by suppling your own tablet.
That's who we use, great service and repeat cost £90 for our two doggies.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
If you are a paid up member use the search engine for all the info you'll ever need. There's stacks of input about the cheapest way to go abroad and return with a pet. It will answer every question you might have.

Nov 8, 2022
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Laika EcoVip 3019
Exp
20 years +
We’ve just used AHC Direct, £90 for the certificate. They have a couple of pickup points in the UK or they can visit your home for about £25. Was dead easy, will use again if I don’t manage to get a passport in Spain or Portugal. https://ahcdirect.co.uk/

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Mailleraye sur seine vets 65€ 90 for 3 year rabies jab and worming and registered the Spanish passport on the French website no problem.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back