Help Needed re a motorhome purchase (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 27, 2021
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 640
Exp
So it looks like I’ve sold my van 😎 and I’ve found a motorhome I want to purchase , how ever it seems £4-5k undervalued
So I’ve checked today via a HPi check and using the registration on the van it is coming out as a Peugeot Boxer 2018
The motorhome I am looking at is a Elddis Encore 254 2018 on a Peugeot chassis

Should the HPi say Elddis Encore, I’ve checked my registration on my camper and it says what it is
Thanks in advance
Steve

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Our Iveco Daily base chassis is registered as Niessmann on the V5.

The Hymer was registered as a Fiat Ducato. I went to the main Fiat agent in search for a resistor for the twin speed cooling fans, and supplied the Reg No accordingly.

Fiat. "Sorry mate, no such vehicle exists."
Me. "Of course it exists, I've been driving the bl@@dy thing for the past 12 x years."
Fiat. "Nope, it's not on the system."
In other words, the computer says no. :mad:

I went round the corner to the Peugeot agent trying the same.
Peugeot. "Ah yes, a Eurovan 2. No problem sir, we can have that part here for you tomorrow morning."

YESSSS!!! (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Can't see that happening with the rate new vehicle prices are rising. S/H prices won't drop unless new prices fall can't see that happening.

Was at our local dealer yesterday collecting the new MoHo - major agent for multiple brands etc. - and despite the forecourt now filling up with extra (mainly s/h) vehicles, and it being the traditional ‘slow’ time of year for sales, order books for new vehicles for 2023 are full/closed, with a number of manufacturers either unable to guarantee a price or vaguely quote ‘plus £5-6k on delivery’.

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2022
Cleethorpes, UK
Funster No
MH
2013 Pilote Ref 716P
Exp
Jan 2022
Im the same got a bessacarr but V5 states its a fiat maxi. So insurance docs say its a fiat maxi.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Our Iveco Daily base chassis is registered as Niessmann on the V5.

The Hymer was registered as a Fiat Ducato. I went to the main Fiat agent in search for a resistor for the twin speed cooling fans, and supplied the Reg No accordingly.

Fiat. "Sorry mate, no such vehicle exists."
Me. "Of course it exists, I've been driving the bl@@dy thing for the past 12 x years."
Fiat. "Nope, it's not on the system."
In other words, the computer says no. :mad:

I went round the corner to the Peugeot agent trying the same.
Peugeot. "Ah yes, a Eurovan 2. No problem sir, we can have that part here for you tomorrow morning."

YESSSS!!! (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

I read in one of the trade articles that I still receive, that the parent company, Stellantis is to close/ lose their franchised dealership status, 138 of its dealerships by May 2023. leaving just 176 across the UK.

These, therefore, includes Vauxhall, Peugeot/Citroen, Fiat, Alfa, Chrysler and Jeep. and the hint is that most of these will be at the GM/Vauxhall dealerships? :unsure:

Upvote 0

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Ours is a Capron Sunlight, according to DVLA and our V5C. It’s a 2020 Sunlight Cliff 600 based on a Fiat Ducato. No mention of Fiat anywhere on the V5C.

Numerous databases (insurance and parts websites) can’t find any trace of our registration number.

It’s taxed, insured and shows on the Government websites.🤷‍♂️

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
Mine comes up as Vany Start V114, when in fact it is a Challenger Vany Start V114 on a Fiat chassis. I registered it myself as I imported, but the V55/5 is such that it's not easy to guess what to put in what box.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back