Help needed I have just bought this rohill conversion and the air rod will not rise the compressor is working but it won’t rise any ideas would fantas (8 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I think he means it won't lift the body off the ground to enable him to drive it.
Air rod must be Some piston device to lift the body.
Op needs to follow compressor lines to see if there are any valves that need opening/ closing. IMO.any gauges evident.??

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Ps if you type in Rohill at the top of the page search option there are several posts that may help you. ( it may be the same van even )

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
N
Oct 2, 2024
Funster No
MH
skarratt
It was meant to say air ride won’t lift at all the compressor is on but nothing only just bought it and I am new on hear thanks

Upvote 0
Jan 10, 2015
East sussex
Funster No
MH
2002 Eura mobile
Exp
Since 2014
Air ride? You need to find the leak when the compressor id running.You should be able to hear it if leaking? w2f
Hi. I used to have one of these so am pretty familiar with the rear air ride system sort of. Maybe the rod you’re talking about is the height adjuster? It slides within a collar & lets in/out air to maintain constant height. It’s behind the first rear left wheel if I remember correctly. Make sure it’s free & lubricated. It is possible to disconnect & operate manually.
If it’s been sitting for some time it will take the compressor sometime to fully raise the van. Maybe 30mins before you see movement if components like the air accumulators are uncharged or broken. If you have access to a garage compressor you could try using that on the emergency fill points behind the driver seat.
We loved our van & did 50k all over eu in it.

Best of luck.

Dave

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Mine had a knob in the side of the seat base - it sometimes needed turning right back off to let the suspension work - once it started up you could then set it back to best ride position. It also had 3 relays under the seat that once played up stopping the compressor working. A quick swop around soon got it working 👍 Then I always carried a spare but never needed one 😁

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back