Help! Have you used this new type of Aire?? Quipeo? (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 19, 2013
Cabbunk Central
Funster No
MH
Carado T459
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, we are in Brittany at Audierne Aire and a service guy from AireService has just changed the actual machine over from one with a screen and card machine to one that can only be accessed by a phone App.
Has anyone used one like this? We can't get it to work and no-one has been able to access it to pay or to get fresh water.

PXL_20240706_121211258.jpg

PXL_20240706_121156184.jpg

OP
OP
E
Sep 19, 2013
Cabbunk Central
Funster No
MH
Carado T459
Exp
Not long enough!
You could try this website https://app.qipeo.com/ it seems you have to input your mobile number or email address to register.

Try this one too, it looks like the instructions to register. https://www.campingcar-balaruc.com/sites/default/files/2023-11/Procédure Réservation QIPEO.pdf

If that doesn’t link just try camping car-balaruc.com
No-one has managed to get water in four days!
Useless. Why would they add levels of complication when it worked contactlessly??

Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I'm on a CCP aire right now parked in view of the barrier and as usual seeing a stream of people struggling with entry, going by the plates, mostly people who would be conversant with French. OK some of them dont want to pay but others are on the phone and look genuinely confused. I don't get it but no way are they going to cope with an app even though my 90 yo father does :unsure:

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I'm on a CCP aire right now parked in view of the barrier and as usual seeing a stream of people struggling with entry, going by the plates, mostly people who would be conversant with French. OK some of them dont want to pay but others are on the phone and look genuinely confused. I don't get it but no way are they going to cope with an app even though my 90 yo father does :unsure:

I could probably cope with an app, but I could not use one because my phone is not a smart one and inly PAYG. Not everyone wants to pay for what they do not use.

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
It's very straightforward even with the translation into English but the French really struggle with getting a card even in their native language, but not sure why they using their phones as the app doesn't get you a card or entry.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
With CCP Aires my experance is if there is a French van at the entrance be prepared for a 20min wait and give them room to reverse out. :LOL:

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
With CCP Aires my experance is if there is a French van at the entrance be prepared for a 20min wait and give them room to reverse out. :LOL:
These things are just going to get more complicated and cost an arm and a leg, and look out for parking restrictions to push you on to these things.
You were warned :doh:

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
I have just tried scanning the code so I could open an account and get you in but it will only work if the phone is near the machine I think it may use Bluetooth sorry cant help further. You scan the code for what service you want if you don’t have an account it shows you how to open one the you can pay.

Upvote 0
May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
I have just tried scanning the code so I could open an account and get you in but it will only work if the phone is near the machine I think it may use Bluetooth sorry cant help further. You scan the code for what service you want if you don’t have an account it shows you how to open one the you can pay.
I've just done the same too - seems simple enough so far, but need to be stood next to it for the bluetooth to work.

No-one has managed to get water in four days!
ED O'DARAC how far along the process have you got?

Scanned the QR code and registered for an account?
Once logged in to your account, go down to the "Bluetooth Bollard" section (whilst stood next to the machine) and try to pair with the bollard.
What happens next?

Put some screenshots up here and maybe we'll be able to help.

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I would imagine it works like an Amazon locker, with Amazon make sure Bluetooth is turned on, once you are close enough it will connect with the locker and the app will ask if you wish to open the locker door, tap on open and the locker opens so you can retrieve your package, the app then reminds you to close the locker. You may have to make sure you have sufficient funds in your Qipeo account before it will work.

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
I've just done the same too - seems simple enough so far, but need to be stood next to it for the bluetooth to work.

ED O'DARAC how far along the process have you got?

Scanned the QR code and registered for an account?
Once logged in to your account, go down to the "Bluetooth Bollard" section (whilst stood next to the machine) and try to pair with the bollard.
What happens next?

Put some screenshots up here and maybe we'll be able to help.
With the wonder of AI I scanned the QR code, it asks you to log in or create account, I created an account using my email and set up a password, it then sends a mail to validate but I've not received mine yet but on the face of it it seems easy enough.

Upvote 0
May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
With the wonder of AI I scanned the QR code, it asks you to log in or create account, I created an account using my email and set up a password, it then sends a mail to validate but I've not received mine yet but on the face of it it seems easy enough.
I just scanned the QR code from the OP's photo, my email arrived instantly so I now have an account. Like you say, pretty easy so far.
But can't help the OP any further as it appears you need to connect locally via Bluetooth before you can see the next screens.

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
I just scanned the QR code from the OP's photo, my email arrived instantly so I now have an account. Like you say, pretty easy so far.
But can't help the OP any further as it appears you need to connect locally via Bluetooth before you can see the next screens.
I'm with BT so they may block the mail if there's a link. Just did it via sms and I'm in. In the app you can buy services or night stay but you need to scan the QR code or let the machine scan your Qr code in the app but all seems simple.

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
On my phone the app translates into English, from the home screen tap on the three lines at the top left then my wallet then there are options to transfer funds into your wallet and withdraw from it. I would imagine you wouldn't be able to activate anything without sufficient funds in your app wallet.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

• Back