Help - Engine won’t start? (2 Viewers)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
No immobiliser or fuel cut off that I am aware of.
Standard factory fit for both items.
The fuel cutoff may be attached to the bulkhead under the bonnet on the driver's side or in the passenger footwell area..
The immobiliser is a chip in the key and the receiver is a coil around the ignition barrel.

OP
OP
Steviemo747
May 12, 2023
Wallsend, UK
Funster No
MH
Roller Team Atessa
Exp
Since 2011 on and off
Hi All, just thought I would update everyone on the issue I had starting my Fiat Ducato, in short it turned out to be the timing belt was out of correlation/alignment? Been in a discussion with the dealer over the last 5 weeks or so to get it repaired as they changed the timing belt last year before purchase. Anyway it’s all sorted now and at their cost so will be back out touring very soon. Thanks to all you Funsters for your suggestions in trying to sort this out and happy travels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Hi All, just thought I would update everyone on the issue I had starting my Fiat Ducato, in short it turned out to be the timing belt was out of correlation/alignment? Been in a discussion with the dealer over the last 5 weeks or so to get it repaired as they changed the timing belt last year before purchase. Anyway it’s all sorted now and at their cost so will be back out touring very soon. Thanks to all you Funsters for your suggestions in trying to sort this out and happy travels.
That would leave me wondering the quality of any other work the dealer undertook!!
Mike.

OP
OP
Steviemo747
May 12, 2023
Wallsend, UK
Funster No
MH
Roller Team Atessa
Exp
Since 2011 on and off
That would leave me wondering the quality of any other work the dealer undertook!!
Mike.
Agree, although I said dealer they have the mechanical work done by an external garage? It has been done by a different mechanic this time so hopefully will be ok? The problem with the dealer is the time it takes to get anything approved but I guess they are all the same once your money is handed over 🤪

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
in short it turned out to be the timing belt was out of correlation/alignment?

How did you find this information out ?

OP
OP
Steviemo747
May 12, 2023
Wallsend, UK
Funster No
MH
Roller Team Atessa
Exp
Since 2011 on and off
in short it turned out to be the timing belt was out of correlation/alignment?

How did you find this information out ?
Called out AA they couldn’t read anything on their OBD reader (I couldn’t get a reading on my cheap one either) and they could not work out what the problem was. I called out a mobile auto electrician who managed to get a reading on his OBD reader with a code of P0016 which is timing correlation. Worth the call out fee in the end as eventually the dealer has sorted it (recovery and repair) under warranty it’s just took a lot of phone calls and conversations for them to get it done.

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Called out AA they couldn’t read anything on their OBD reader (I couldn’t get a reading on my cheap one either) and they could not work out what the problem was. I called out a mobile auto electrician who managed to get a reading on his OBD reader with a code of P0016 which is timing correlation. Worth the call out fee in the end as eventually the dealer has sorted it (recovery and repair) under warranty it’s just took a lot of phone calls and conversations for them to get it done.
But, timing corelation can be triggered by a dud crank or cam sensor.. if the belt was out why no smoke? When timing is out that bad not to start, it smokes, the diesel makes it out without burm.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Steviemo747
May 12, 2023
Wallsend, UK
Funster No
MH
Roller Team Atessa
Exp
Since 2011 on and off
But, timing corelation can be triggered by a dud crank or cam sensor.. if the belt was out why no smoke? When timing is out that bad not to start, it smokes, the diesel makes it out without burm.
Couldn’t say yes it may well have been a sensor but it wasn’t. The timing belt had slipped how I don’t know but that’s what the mechanic that changed it said and it starts now that’s all I’m bothered about

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back