Help Domestic awning will not open (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Help, we are away in Europe in our campervan and something has gone wrong without domestic awning, when trying to open it a square washer fell out when it was about a foot out and now it will only open on one side, we can close it.

1000000784.jpg

Any suggestions on where it came from? I have a few tools with me so I want to try to fix it.

I have the added problem of trying to reach the awning, I have no steps and it's a bit high, I better ask around.

Thanks

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
It looks like one of the clamps used to hold the inside end of the awaking to the tube. Possibly with care if you wind it out to the end you will find the bolt and be able to clamp it back on.

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
now it will only open on one side,

Possibly with care if you wind it out to the end you will find the bolt and be able to clamp it back on.
I understood the OP to say that it will only open on one side so it seems it's not possible to wind it right out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
GaryMo
Sep 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
I understood the OP to say that it will only open on one side so it seems it's not possible to wind it right out.
That's correct, one side seems to move ok other than the restriction from the other side which stop at around a foot out

Upvote 0
OP
OP
GaryMo
Sep 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
It looks like one of the clamps used to hold the inside end of the awaking to the tube. Possibly with care if you wind it out to the end you will find the bolt and be able to clamp it back on.
So by inside you mean the joint against the van side?

At the moment I can only get the side out less than 12", but I can see a bolt parallel to the van which is round out compared to the other side which seems tight up, no thread showing.

Just need to figure out how to get up to it.

Upvote 0
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
I'd be quite happy that you can wind it back in until you can find out where it came from,haven't found it on any of the parts diagrams yet 😠 did you see which end the part came from? Just seen your post,maybe it's part of the mounting kit although it looks a bit too sturdy for that 🤔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
GaryMo
Sep 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
I have wound it in, it's great the first time we've had some sun for the last seven or more days and the awning doesn't work 😂

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
So by inside you mean the joint against the van side?

At the moment I can only get the side out less than 12", but I can see a bolt parallel to the van which is round out compared to the other side which seems tight up, no thread showing.

Just need to figure out how to get up to it.

No 14 ? called the arm support,the longitudinal bolt adjusts something but I can't remember what 😀 but no sign of a big plate with a hole in it 🙄

IMG_4933.jpeg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
GaryMo
Sep 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
No 14 ? called the arm support,the longitudinal bolt adjusts something but I can't remember what 😀 but no sign of a big plate with a hole in it 🙄

View attachment 952235
Yes that's the bolt that is wound out 25mm or so. My guess it's a spacer of some form. There must be a pin/bolt that connects the arm 5 to 14, I wonder if it is from that area.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back