Hello, I’m Wendy a newbie camper van owner. I have just bought a 2007 Timberland Endeavour. (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 4, 2024
Funster No
MH
Timberland Endeavour
Hi, I put my Timberland Endeavour in for a habitation check. A few days later the vehicle battery was dead and had to be replaced. I had it in for an MOT on Tuesday and the new battery was dead. Any ideas?

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
The only thing I can think of for such a quick drain on the vehicle battery, would be that a previous owner has possibly wired the fridge to be switched to operate the fridge from vehicle battery all the time instead of just when the engine is running - which is the normal way.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Wendy welcome aboard, my lad has just bought a Timberland Independence 2003, that I maaaay be commandeering for myself lol. We will come to some sort of share agreement with my Rapido
as for your battery.....there will be an electric drain somewhere, are you sure no cab lights or anything left on, or the fridge is left on and connected to cab battery ..... if not its wise to get a 12v meter and put it across the fuse terminals to test if any current is flowing anywhere.

any other questions just post here there are plenty of knowledgable folks

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
:welco:
Radio left on can flatteren a battery in a couple of days maybe on with volume down. Some radios draw a lot of current in standby if not fully turned off.

Difficult to diagnose unless you have a DC clamp meter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
Timberland Endeavour
Hi Wendy I too have recently bought an Endeavour 2007 it also drains the battery if left for a time.
I have just fitted a battery master (bought via Jim) . This takes power from the leisure batteries and "shares" it with the engine battery thus keeping it charged when not being used.
I think it is a common problem with these vans.
Cheers, Dave
ps if you pay your subs you can post as many times you like otherwise you can only post 5 times.

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow Hello GIF by filmeditor

OP
OP
W
Jul 4, 2024
Funster No
MH
Timberland Endeavour
Hi Wendy I too have recently bought an Endeavour 2007 it also drains the battery if left for a time.
I have just fitted a battery master (bought via Jim) . This takes power from the leisure batteries and "shares" it with the engine battery thus keeping it charged when not being used.
I think it is a common problem with these vans.
Cheers, Dave
ps if you pay your subs you can post as many times you like otherwise you can only post 5 times.
Thanks Dave, a brand new battery pretty much died overnight. Which can’t be normal.

Apr 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
Timberland Endeavour
Thanks Dave, a brand new battery pretty much died overnight. Which can’t be normal.
No that does seem extreme to say the least. Get an auto electrician to have a look is your best option.
Cheers, Dave.
Don't forget to subscribe!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back