Hello from the Emerald Isle,

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B878 SL
Exp
Since Feb 2020
Welcome Derryconbill, I traced my ancestry several years ago and found I could go no further than one of my ancestors in the early 1800's who came from Derry to work as a labourer in Wolverhampton. More to the point, I see you have a tag axle, same as us. We are planning a trip to NI for the motorbike races next year, then a tour of southern Ireland, then onto the IOM for the TT and Southern 100 races. My query is with the size of our van at 9 metres if we would have a problem on the country roads in the south and if there's anywhere we should avoid.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Swift
Exp
Since 2012
Welcome Derryconbill, I traced my ancestry several years ago and found I could go no further than one of my ancestors in the early 1800's who came from Derry to work as a labourer in Wolverhampton. More to the point, I see you have a tag axle, same as us. We are planning a trip to NI for the motorbike races next year, then a tour of southern Ireland, then onto the IOM for the TT and Southern 100 races. My query is with the size of our van at 9 metres if we would have a problem on the country roads in the south and if there's anywhere we should avoid.
There is a Facebook group named Total Motorhomes Ireland and if you join it you will be able to post any questions you have about motorhoming in Ireland. There is a wealth of information that will be answered by its members regarding all aspects of motorhoming in Eire and the North of Ireland. If you want to become a full member of the group you can apply via the FB page and once you are joined you get free access to all of the maps for campsites, pub stopovers, Aires and a whole lot more.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back