Jan 6, 2024
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Warwick XL MQ
Exp
Since 1986
Welcome Mojito :ello:
We used to live in Kernow- wonderful county!
Enjoy your travels.

Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning šŸ˜Š
Hi,
Just upgraded from a VW Cali to a Burstner 540C. It's a tiny Motorhome, but feels huge to us!
Welcome. :clap2:

Interested in hearing how you are finding the 'big' van - I am close to making the same change (not to a Burstner, but to a similar sized PVC)

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Hi and a warm welcome from the home of Fun šŸ¤©

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M
Jul 28, 2024
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Interested in hearing how you are finding the 'big' van - I am close to making the same change (not to a Burstner, but to a similar sized PVC)
Hi,
Well it's very early days - only spent one night in it so far - but think its going to suit us really well! Love it so far!

We had VW T5/T6 campervans for 10 years and for most of that time the van was our only vehicle. Let's face it a VW van is not much bigger than a Range Rover and very easy to drive and park. We now have a day to day runabout car and that meant we could consider a small motorhome as well. The wet weather this year really made the decision for us. Somewhere to hang our waterpoofs and wet clothes, no more getting wet in the middle of the night when we need the loo and a permantly made up bed were main attractions.
We wanted a small van though, so looked at quite a few California Grand, but it just didn't 'click' for us, although know lots of other people love them. We stumbled across the Burstner 540C for sale privately and fairly local to us. Only 2 years old, very low mileage and with great spec. It's only half a metre longer than the Cali and a tad wider, but packs in so much. Only thing to sort is domestic battery capacity/charging as we plan on longer trips, some of it off grid. Infact it was my research into that which led me to this great forum! What's more it's come up with the solution to that issue - we will go down the lithium route.
If you decide to switch, hope you find a van that really suits you. I'll report back in a month when we've had a longer trip.

OP
OP
M
Jul 28, 2024
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Thank you all for the warm welcome. This forum is so friendly and absolutely packed with useful information. As mentioned above we will be going down the lithium battery result following our research here. Thanks again, we look forward to contributing to the forum.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 14th year & still loving it.
Welcome to Motorhome Fun, the best place to discover everything you need to know about motor homing and everything else. Cornwall is our second home Chris my wife is from Falmouth lovely part of the country and fabulous people.(y)

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
Hello Mojito, we are also from Cornwall (close to Penzance). We have a 5.95m Roller Team which is used for much of the year. Possibly see you on the road or on a site, or rally at some time. šŸ‘

Enjoy your van!

OP
OP
M
Jul 28, 2024
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Hello @Mojito, we are also from Cornwall (close to Penzance). We have a 5.95m Roller Team which is used for much of the year. Possibly see you on the road or on a site, or rally at some time. šŸ‘
Hi Ejaydee... and thank you for the welcome.
We live near Fowey and will also use our van year round. No doubt see you around(y)

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
Hi Ejaydee... and thank you for the welcome.
We live near Fowey and will also use our van year round. No doubt see you around(y)
I used to know the Fowey area pretty well, as I lived in Meva during the 80's and early 90's, but haven't visited Fowey for a couple of decades I am ashamed to say. However, my Sister-in-law and her hubby stay at a site near Fowey, which we have said we must visit too, so maybe that way some time during the autumn.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back