Heating not working on gas, help! (1 Viewer)

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Any ideas guys.
The fridge freezer is working, the water is heating but the heating won't kick in.

The control panel is playing up, and won't show temperature.
Would this stop my heating kicking in?

It just seems weird that the gas works fir the fridge/freezer, oven and water, but won't heat the van.

Any suggestions. It was ffrrreeezing at Palencia aire last night. I do have a hot water bottle fortunately.
Currently in Salamanca on a good parking spot.

OP
OP
MaidinDevon

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Sorry, Truma blown air, in a Hymer B654, 2005.
I had the gas serviced, and a replacement burner fitted this year.

I also had the panel D211 checked by Apuljack and they said it was fine.
It has 3 buttons, one is time and dates, snd uf you press the button it shows temperature inside and outside. This has stopped working.
The second button is the battery and solar.
And the third shows water, fresh and grey.

For some reason all 3 of my vans have had heating issues, that appear when I am in cold places, away from home. Memorably, snowing in Sicily, while Mount E5na was erupting. No heat in a panel van, was decidedly chilly.

OP
OP
MaidinDevon

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
it will be the knob you turn for hot water or heating or both
Sorry, I don't understand. Are you suggesting that the control knob is faulty?
I am confident that it isn't user error. I know how to set it, but yesterday it just refused to operate the heating.
At least I have now been able to rule our the control panel, as the culprit.

Thanks for your reply denisejoe .

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Possibly low power on hab batteries or lpg has to much butane in its mix !!!!! LPG Not your fault obviously but sounds like gas not getting through with enough pressure to run all appliances, this happens when lpg is to cold and not enough propane mix in it !!!!!! Not much you can do about it except refill when empty with fresh lpg, but check your hab batteries too !!!!! Xx

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
We had a fault this weekend on the Truma, which the code lookup said was "low gas pressure" as the gas ran low, and we were running fridge, cooking rings for kettle, oven for lunch and heating simultanously on Sunday. Basiaclly towards end of bottle, it couldn't cope with all 4 loads at once. We reduced load by turning off the heating whilst oven/rings on and then restarted after no hassle

Gas ran out as soon as soon as it got dark typically, but luckily we'd swapped our spare 2 weeks ago, so we have 6kg of "avialable" gas.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The control panel won't be anything to do with it.
More lightly to be either a faulty regulator common symptoms are other appliances working but not enough gas flow for the heater.
If you filled up with LPG in Spain you could have up to 65% Butane, Truma Combi's don't like butane especially in cold weather, try swapping to your other gas bottle and see if it works.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back