Heater Plugs (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2024
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato CV40
Hi, has anyone replaced the heater (glow) plugs on a (2022) 2.3 140bhp Euro 6D Ducato, looks a pig of a job.

OP
OP
R
Jan 19, 2024
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato CV40
Hi, Yes its still under warranty but heater plugs are classed as consumables by Fiat. However if the vehicle is under 5K and they have failed they may pay up but only for the faulty one. Just crazy, as to get to them is difficult and if its a bad batch then it makes sense to change all 4 and put it to bed. The fault code is P0683-13 pre heat control feed back is open circuit, however testing the current to one of the plugs shows it pulling twice as much as the others. I guess the relay feedback line is telling the ECU that there is an over current and shuts the relay off.

rwg

Sep 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
Benivan 120
Exp
Since 2021
It sounds like it may depend on the Fiat garage that you go to. I took our van in just before the 2 year warranty was over for the service and asked them to work out why we were getting a 'check glow plugs' warning on starting. All plugs ended up being replaced under warranty. This was done by HTC Oxford.

Perhaps worth checking with another Fiat Professional service center to see if you get a different answer?

cheers,

Robin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
They should come out easily enough if it's a fairly new vehicle, although access seems to be the main issue ?
The Kubota engine on our wood chipper was struggling to start with this cold snap, checked and two of the three plugs were goosed so whipped them out. Went to the local Kubota dealer, "Oh sorry, we only sell lawn care and ground maintenance Kubota stuff, not forestry related equipment" "Ok" says I, "Do you have any 3 cylinder, normally aspirated, 35 hp Kubota D1703 diesel engines in any of your 'ground care/lawn equipment', I'll have a set of glow plugs for one of those then please ?" "Oh, I'm sorry, it doesn't quite work like that...."
Classic case of "Computer says no !" :mad:
Ordered a set online at lunchtime and they arrived this morning, only they're the wrong ones !
Sorry for hijacking your thread, just needed a moan !

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Hi, Yes its still under warranty but heater plugs are classed as consumables by Fiat.

They might be by Fiat but aren't . You are being lied to.They are
Talking nonsense. Only applies ,possibly, to a commercial vehicle operation & company owned where they might be being started 100 times /day

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back