Hazards but no indicators (1996 Peugeot Boxer) (1 Viewer)

card-player

Free Member
Apr 18, 2024
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer
I was wondering if anyone here could share their wisdom.

I have a 1996 Peugeot Boxer motorhome and upon starting it up today I found that none of the indicators work. This includes the corresponding dash light.

Strangely, however, the hazards work, so I am assuming it is not a fault with the relay as apparently the hazards and indicators use the same relay. Having read through some other posts, I have checked for loose wires underneath the fuse box and around the steering column.

I am beginning to think that the issue is with the indicator stalk, however before I go ahead and buy a replacement and fit it myself, I just wanted to see if there were any other steps that I should take or things I should check?

I am a relative novice so any and all advice is very much appreciated :)

OP
OP
C

card-player

Free Member
Apr 18, 2024
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer
I should add that when I attempt to use the indicators, they sporadically work. At times, I can also hear the relay click rapidly, but with no activation of the indicators.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I suspect a poor earth as at low currents it will be high resistance but when all are on, the current makes the earth appear sound.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Usually hazards work on a different power feed always live , indicators are on ign switched supply , try operating hazard switch repeatedly some times poor contacts in switch can give faulty indicator op. depends on how system is wired on your vehicle

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
In Defenders it is often the hazard light switch that causes the problem with the indicators, even though the hazard switch remains working. So don’t rule that out, just because it’s working.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

card-player

Free Member
Apr 18, 2024
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer
I suspect a poor earth as at low currents it will be high resistance but when all are on, the current makes the earth appear sound.
Thank you for this. Do you know where I should be checking for earth connections?

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I had a similar problem with the indicators on my Renault Master and it was the stalk that was at fault. I got one off a Renault Scenic from the scrappy that worked fine, till about a month later when I went to use the horn and found it didn't have the horn button on the stalk !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back