Haven touring, out of season deals.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
No, it’s Blue Dolphin we’re booked at. I know no better but Reighton and Primrose Valley were both fully booked, presumably because they’re more ‘kid friendly’? Not to worry though as I’ll be taking my speargun anyway. ;) :LOL:
We have used all three and never been disappointed

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Since 2011
Last time I went to the Mablethorpe haven site (pre Jasmin camping) it was like a ploughed field, had to take a run to get on the concrete slab (old static bases I think) and nearly had to be towed off! Never again👍😁😁
Tried the last 2 easter holidays with our 2 family groups staying I statics.
2023 swamp conditions. We pitched on road so happy.
They said they were installing drainage . Went 2024 easter same family group. The camping pitches including the hardstanding where totally inaccessible with a motorhome. The hard standings are a tiny concrete island in a sea of mud. We didn't even try staying in our motorhome. Shame because kids love the facilities.
Never again for us too.
Chris 🦛

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Don't think I would risk a grass pitch now anywhere with our 4250kg van. Even the bike is sliding about and spinning on the grass now.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F60
Exp
Newbies as of June 2024
Does anyone know if the freedom trail membership is still running?

It's on the back of a current leaflet we were given this week, but online, the T&Cs state that membership is valid until 31/12/23.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
since 2006
Does anyone know if the freedom trail membership is still running?

It's on the back of a current leaflet we were given this week, but online, the T&Cs state that membership is valid until 31/12/23.
you used to get it automatic after you booked a break but they say they now email it after you have booked. must admit i was at Skegness a few weeks ago and don't think i got my freedom trail discount (got my EMBdiscount) but will be ringing to check.
Edit i have just rung and got it re-enstated for this season and i have to ring again next year for next seasons so yes it is still running but i think you may have to ring .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Just booked Thornwick Flamborough for 3 nights on 4th Nov £7 a night for pitch plus £4 for facilities (assume EHU) and £1 for dog so £12 a night. Not all sites allow dogs so limited but cheap enough as got indoor pool and other activities.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I'm trying, for the first time, a PARKDEAN site near Burgh Castle, Lowestoft.

It is, if I remember correctly, £44 for 4nts with EHU which is cheap enough BUT, the grass pitches I was offered are muddy and, it's out of the way with no bus service that I can see and other camper.......iffy?

(but today I have been watching the American F1 and investigating a yellow EML that came on yesterday while travelling.
Now extinguished, so will explore more tomorrow!)

So far, not that impressed! 😢
Today the sun is shining (everything looks better when the sun is shining) and am sitting outside the Fisherman's Inn overlooking Reedham and the Berney fens.

Probably not as bad as I first thought! 😄

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F60
Exp
Newbies as of June 2024
you used to get it automatic after you booked a break but they say they now email it after you have booked. must admit i was at Skegness a few weeks ago and don't think i got my freedom trail discount (got my EMBdiscount) but will be ringing to check.
Edit i have just rung and got it re-enstated for this season and i have to ring again next year for next seasons so yes it is still running but i think you may have to ring .
I rang Haven today. They have added the Freedom Trail discount to my account, so thanks again for the heads-up on this.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo A698g
Exp
Since 2010
Stayed at Haven Tenby a few weeks ago. Not on a cheap rate, was about £25/night. Tiny pitches, my 7.35m van only just fit on. Nowhere up to a CAMC or C&CC site facilities but ok for a couple of nights. Maybe it was just well-used after the summer season.
Looked at next August as I'm there for a sailing event and they want £980 for a week! No thanks.

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
since 2006
Stayed at Haven Tenby a few weeks ago. Not on a cheap rate, was about £25/night. Tiny pitches, my 7.35m van only just fit on. Nowhere up to a CAMC or C&CC site facilities but ok for a couple of nights. Maybe it was just well-used after the summer season.
Looked at next August as I'm there for a sailing event and they want £980 for a week! No thanks.
Haven is OK off season but if the kids are off school its like every other holiday including flights the prices go through the roof. Kiln Park is one of the few i have not been to but its maybe a bit like Hafan y Mor, Pwllheli where all the pitches are hardstanding serviced pitches. just looked at their prices for March / April when there are no kids about and its £42.30 for 3 nights or £39.87 with discount so about £14 a night . Standard Haven hardstanding touring pitches are 6.4m (grass will be bigger as you don't need to be on the concrete) which is ok for most but if you are longer you would have to pay the premium and get an extra large super pitch which is 8.2 metres and comes out at just under £59 . Don't think you can compare them to any of the club sites as their main interest is static caravans but you wont get entertainment swimming pools restaurants etc at any club sites. I am a member of the C&C and have been a member of the Caravan club but never use the sites (stayed on a couple a few years ago and found most wardens to be very regimented) so cant comment on what the sites are like now but use their 5 van sites and the holiday and club meet sites all the time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Haven is OK off season but if the kids are off school its like every other holiday including flights the prices go through the roof. Kiln Park is one of the few i have not been to but its maybe a bit like Hafan y Mor, Pwllheli where all the pitches are hardstanding serviced pitches. just looked at their prices for March / April when there are no kids about and its £42.30 for 3 nights or £39.87 with discount so about £14 a night . Standard Haven hardstanding touring pitches are 6.4m (grass will be bigger as you don't need to be on the concrete) which is ok for most but if you are longer you would have to pay the premium and get an extra large super pitch which is 8.2 metres and comes out at just under £59 . Don't think you can compare them to any of the club sites as their main interest is static caravans but you wont get entertainment swimming pools restaurants etc at any club sites. I am a member of the C&C and have been a member of the Caravan club but never use the sites (stayed on a couple a few years ago and found most wardens to be very regimented) so cant comment on what the sites are like now but use their 5 van sites and the holiday and club meet sites all the time.
According to our booking hard standing pitch is 8.5m square?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto trail F62
Exp
Since 2020
A mention of really inexpensive deals popped up on social media the other day quoting £8 a night at certain Haven parks (Mablethorpe was mentioned) but of course can't find the article again. Has anyone got any knowledge of this please?
Thanks, Branston (alias Tightwad)
Just checked Haven, next week is school hols so dearer. Cleethorpes Hven site are open till mid November, weekdays £12 per night, weekends £16 per night, with electric, BARGAIN

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
You stated ‘off season’ and it depends what you mean. We occasionally use Haven sites on our travels if there’s one en route, but they only open March-November. Avoid school holidays and you can find some great deals on their touring sites. As others have said Park Dean also have some good deals.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back