Haven touring, out of season deals.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 1998
A mention of really inexpensive deals popped up on social media the other day quoting £8 a night at certain Haven parks (Mablethorpe was mentioned) but of course can't find the article again. Has anyone got any knowledge of this please?
Thanks, Branston (alias Tightwad)

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
A mention of really inexpensive deals popped up on social media the other day quoting £8 a night at certain Haven parks (Mablethorpe was mentioned) but of course can't find the article again. Has anyone got any knowledge of this please?
Thanks, Branston (alias Tightwad)
I think you will struggle to find £8 but if you Google haven offers you might find some at around a tenner.
Marten mere in Blackpool usually has some offers.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Just go on the website and search. (y)

We did Blackpool about this time last year, it wasn't £8 but was quite cheap from what i remember.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F60
Exp
Newbies as of June 2024
If you're looking to go now, it's half term this and next week in a lot of areas, so the prices are higher. I think their touring season ends 2/3 November until March.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
I think you will struggle to find £8 but if you Google haven offers you might find some at around a tenner.
Marten mere in Blackpool usually has some offers.
Its Marton Mere, there is a Martin Mere in Lancashire as well, its on the other side of the Ribble! You can stop in Fleetwood, Blackpool or St Annes between £8 - £10 a night on the aires and nearer to town centres

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Tenby Haven a few weeks ago £10 fully serviced hardstanding pitch. Couldnt book online phoned them up no problems.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
since 2006
I use haven all the time and if you pick your dates you can get it for about a tenner,or just over for a hardstanding pitch I get a discount from my ex employer EMB offer and Haven also do a Freedom Trail discount for regular customers. Thornwick Bay (Bridlington) is one of the cheapest ,just done a check and 5th nov for 4 nights comes out at £45.70. you do have to play with dates as half term can put £100 on it and they shut for winter at the end of November.
Its Marton Mere, there is a Martin Mere in Lancashire as well, its on the other side of the Ribble! You can stop in Fleetwood, Blackpool or St Annes between £8 - £10 a night on the aires and nearer to town centres
Most Havens have a bus service that come into the park for the town centres or visiting local towns

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I use haven all the time and if you pick your dates you can get it for about a tenner,or just over for a hardstanding pitch I get a discount from my ex employer EMB offer and Haven also do a Freedom Trail discount for regular customers. Thornwick Bay (Bridlington) is one of the cheapest ,just done a check and 5th nov for 4 nights comes out at £45.70. you do have to play with dates as half term can put £100 on it and they shut for winter at the end of November.

Most Havens have a bus service that come into the park for the town centres or visiting local towns
Blackpool definitely has a bus from the gate.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Just done 5 nights at Haven Cleethorpes. Cheap enough, but there were lots of ‘travellers‘ on the site. 👎

Made sure everything was locked twice and chained our trailer to the van.

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
Did Blackpool last week Sunday to Friday is the best deal price , £50 Hardstanding , water, Electric and Drain.
Deals getting harder to come by as its coming up to half term and most close the touring side soon.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Having just had a look at the Haven site, there is nothing in the gloriously leafy South East.

Are there any Haven alternatives ? Butlins pontins etc ??? that do similar

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F60
Exp
Newbies as of June 2024
We're at Thornwick Bay now. We've paid £21 per night for 3 nights this week.

suavecarve have a look at Parkdean too, can be a bit cheaper than Haven.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
Since 2005
Haven have 2 sites in Dorset, both near Weymouth, Littlesea and Seaview open March to November.

Parkdean have Sandford near Poole, Warmwell near Weymouth and West Bay with varicous offers available.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
We did Parkdean on the Lizard in Cornwall for five nights in September. Can't remember what it cost but it was pretty cheap. About £14 a night or something including hookup. I was glad when we left though on the Friday as the clientele for the weekend at the risk of sounding snobby looked a bit "disruptive".

We have been at Mortehoe / Woolacombe for a month now at Twitchen house. Some of the superior pitches there are £99 a night in summer. We stayed 28 nights and if you are clever with the bookings (Mondays are cheapest) and book a week at a time we got it down to £11 a night one week. Just moved to their site nextdoor which is quieter "Easewell farm" for a week this morning and its about £16 a night I think. I get a discount for being a regular as well.

Look for the larger chain sites. I think they sell them cheap end of season to keep the place busy. I don't like campsites normally but these two are ok. Good facilities. Lovely pool, steam room, sauna, laundrette etc. Even a proper 9 hole golf course.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back