Has anyone got the Hymer Connect app to connect to the vehicle? (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 29, 2021
Kotka, Finland
Funster No
MH
Hymer Van
Question in the subject. Seems there are 50 ratings in play.google.com of which 27 have given one star so seems I'm not the only one having problems.

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Yes, but if you need to get back into it you will probably have to disconnect the display, I will find the instructions.

Screenshot_20240526_152529_com.microsoft.skydrive.jpg

OP
OP
P
May 29, 2021
Kotka, Finland
Funster No
MH
Hymer Van
Yes, but if you need to get back into it you will probably have to disconnect the display, I will find the instructions.

The control panel works ok and if you search for devices (on the phones normal usb pairing setup) the unit can be seen. Naturally I haven't connected to it (ok, tried for testing but phone tells me this device needs an app, like it does) but it is visible and so transmitting. The panel has also downloaded an update once so it has coverage and the internet connection is workin. After I scan the QR in the document, it shows all the correct information but when I try connect the phone goes sligthly dim and rolls that 'waiting animation' on the screen and after a while it says that the "Hymer XYZ890" can not be found. Disconnecting+waiting+reconnecting the SCU didn't help.

I find it slightly odd that the app requests access to camera, location, files and NEARBY DEVICES but it does not request an actual bluetooth connection. Yet the error message says 'during bluetooth pairing error this and that'. Maybe I'll have to contact Hymer again, the last time I got just an copy & paste reply - 'surprisingly'.

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
From my experience last September when we picked up our new Hymer, it is a nightmare to connect. It took me the best part of half a day to get my Samsung S21 to pair to it in the MH. I eventually managed to get my Lenovo tablet running Android to connect to it too. Albeit with a similar struggle. Mrs B's Samsung S24 is still having none of it. We have tried numerous times to pair it. The dealer was clueless on the subject. In fairness, it does now work fine on my phone, in or out of the MH. I don't know if an IOS device has the same issues.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P
May 29, 2021
Kotka, Finland
Funster No
MH
Hymer Van
After contacting Hymer (their customer service e-mail, not my dealer) the second time with extensive details of my troubleshooting, they remotely connected to the system did something, disconnected & re-connected it to my vehicle (?!) or something like that and after that everything worked instantly.

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2020
Bolton
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
We ordered our B890MLi in September 2020 before Connect was released.

As soon as I saw it was an option I requested it and it was fitted to our new MH when we collected it in September 2021.

I had numerous issues connecting with it so I asked HYMER for advice as Lowdhams didn’t know or understand the system.

HYMER’s advice was to switch off the Elektroblok which resets the Connect system and try to connect to ‘Connect’ again.

Eventually this worked and the system was fine for about 12 months and then played up. Following the advice given I reset the system about 4 times and it solved the issue.

The van is in storage at present but I have just connected to it over WiFi and it worked fine.

I know it can be frustrating but it’s a great system when you get it working.😀

Westbarn1

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 25, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMC-T 600
Exp
My has connected to my iPhone, without issues from new (2022) having said that, it will probably start to play up now!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

• Back