DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
In a recent thread I asked for views on Cello TVs and the views were all generally positive, the only adverse comments were the sound may not be the best.

So I took the plunge and ordered one - only to realise almost immediately that the 22" model I had ordered was too wide for the screen cover we have which is trimmed with matching fabric for the interior of the van. But an email to Cello brought a very quick reply cancelling the order and reimbursing the card used for the purchase.

I then ordered the 19" C1924WSF Traveller model, directly from Cello, which arrived promptly. It was easy to fit, re-using the wall mount used on the Avtex. The link below says 24" TV but it goes to the 19" model.

My only problem was I couldn't find how to get it to work with the satellite dish. :) There didn't seem to be any buttons on the remote or anything obvious in the menu.

Another email to Cello brought a quick response explaining what to do. It was all my fault as I'd skipped a stage during the initial setup. Cello explained how to navigate the menu to add satellite as an input. I had looked but hadn't thought to look in the menu option for "Programmes" to find satellite input. :)

What was impressive is how quickly it found and tuned to all the channels. The Avtex used to take ages whereas the Cello does it in almost the blink of an eye.

I've set it up to connect to the Teltonika router and this connects to iPlayer etc. Dissappointedly, I then discovered that the apps do not allow you to watch live TV on ITV or Channel 4 but you can on BBC and Channel 5. A bit of research revealed this is how it's meant to be and many other makes of smart TV do the same. We can watch these channels live using satellite of course where there is coverage or using our tablets. Why the apps do live TV on tablets but not on the TV is a mystery.

It's all now working and I'm more than happy with the sound although we only generally watch factual stuff and not music but Cello make a sound bar which isn't expensive if you want one.

The photos show the installation. The TV is much thicker than the Avtex but is smaller in overall in width and height despite having a larger screen as the picture goes almost to the edge.
The fingerprints have now been cleaned off!
PXL_20240611_113010780.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

PXL_20240611_113022321.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

PXL_20240611_112958701.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

PXL_20240611_113035615.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

And the galvanised bucket glimpsed in some of the photos is for the pot of basil we always carry. :)

Overall, I'm very pleased with the set and particularly pleased with Cello who are based in the UK and were very helpful and prompt answering my questions.

Oct 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
VW
Exp
Since 2017
Glad that it has all worked out for you. 👍 I like your cover too.

I’m also chuffed with my Cello Traveller, but mine is much narrower, probably because it doesn't have the disc player.

Reactions: DBK
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
We’ve had a Cello traveller for 12 years now without problems. The only hiccup now is if we’re in a poor signal area, as I’ve changed van to a PVC, and the aerial is not as good re size. It’s connected via 12v through a powered setup and works fine if there is a signal But if I plug in a mains TV aerial as soon as I pull the Ariel lead out it powers off and won’t power up again with the mains TV aerial to the bollard or house. During Covid I did use it in the house on a mains TV aerial and it was fine, the only difference was it was on 240v mains supply. I rang Cello but the person I spoke to couldn’t/wouldn’t help.

I do have a soundbar plugged into the TV usb socket though and now accessing any of the sockets is hard due to the brackets to try it on 240v

Reactions: DBK
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
For anyone who had the same problems as I, above, with connecting to an aerial bollard. I have today made the time check mine out. On 12v it won’t work on a mains aerial but on 240v it works on mains or van aerial. At least I know now even if I don’t understand why 😜

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back