Hail last night in Italy (2 Viewers)

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
Amazing how much damage to the sides! Looks like its been machine gunned.

Wondrr what will happen to it? Too expensive to scrap, too much work to replace the side. Damaged repairable?
I was speaking to a guy in Gravelines last night who was in that same storm with other Morelos.
His was almost as bad as the Empire Liner in the pictures and the Factory are replacing the side plus solar panels etc etc.
He could have had it written off but the lead times are too long.

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
The Morelo factory can replace any side apparently, here is one of many to be done because of the hail storms of late

IMG_9875.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Actually not that far off, €50k, a friend of mine was there yesterday with the insurance assessor to have his side replaced 😢
A lot less than I though, but I thought the roof would have to come off to enable new sides to be fitted, seems not🤔🤔

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Severe hail damage like this isn't uncommon.
Is that right? I’ve been visiting France regularly since 1980 and have never experienced a hail storm severe enough to damage vehicles, ditto other European countries. This year I’ve heard more about hail storms and consequent damage to vehicles than at any time I can remember. I had my first experience of such a storm in 2022 in the Dordogne. You expect them in the tropics, my sister lives in Australia and gets them fairly regularly, so many folks have corrugated metal roofs, just like a PVC which tend to deflect the hailstones and reduce damage. I think damaging hail storms are becoming more common and some vehicles are much more vulnerable to damage than others.

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
I could be wrong but if you zoom in at the front it looks like the roof had been lifted slightly 🤔

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
It Garda circa 15 years ago a colleague of mine and me had our golf gti’s turned into golf balls by the hailstones . It was revalue I the area and northern Italy has “hailstone” cover within their insurance contracts . If we are getting more extreme temperatures then wherever it rises rapidly we are going to get hailstones .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 28, 2020
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
none
Amazing how much damage to the sides! Looks like its been machine gunned.

Wondrr what will happen to it? Too expensive to scrap, too much work to replace the side. Damaged repairable?
It’s for sale on mobile.de

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
That Morelo is not that old either, the steel wheels start to rust after 12 months and they look brand new on that one🤔🤔

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back