Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 21, 2019
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2017
Some months ago my Hab door stopped locking with the central locking of the van,a Dethleffs Just 90 on a Fiat 2020. The switch which detects the door is open is screwed near to the door hinge and it operates correctly when door is open/closed. I checked continuity at the wiring connections under Hab seat. I feel the fault lay in the wiring loom either inside the rubber flexi conduit which I can seen passing into the door, or inside the door near the locking machismo. Is there a way of gaining access to insides of Hab door to investigate? Or has anyone a different take on this

Nov 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria
Can you ease the rubber conduit up/down to see if there are plastic connectors under it? When I had a similar problem the wires had loosened or come out of the little connections

Upvote 0
Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
I fixed my central locking yesterday. It was a broken wire to the door contacts. If the other doors lock correctly then it's almost certainly a broken wire on the hab door circuit.

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
My 2021 Burstner did this. Mine was a broken connection of one of the wires to the contacts from the frame to the door. The break was inside the frame. I unscrewed the section marked in red. It might be the simplest thing to investigate first as it's just a few screws to undo. It was a pain for me as the wire was very short. I had to extend the wire before re soldering it.
IMG_20240728_135724~2.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
Harmony line 690g
My 2021 Burstner did this. Mine was a broken connection of one of the wires to the contacts from the frame to the door. The break was inside the frame. I unscrewed the section marked in red. It might be the simplest thing to investigate first as it's just a few screws to undo. It was a pain for me as the wire was very short. I had to extend the wire before re soldering it.View attachment 929043
Just had to do exactly the same on our 2019 Burstner Harmony 690g 2 wires snapped where they entered the back of the Block simple fix as I very Gingerly pulled the wires luckily to release a little slack & gain a bit more length 😉

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
As if a couple more centimetres would break the company bank. I had to hold the wire with thin-nosed pliers as there wasn't sufficient space for fingers.
I've long been annoyed at that issue with several fitted electrical systems - no slack at the business end.
I've come to the conclusion that it's because the connector panel is pre-wired and is screwed/clipped/secured in place before the wires are run back to be connected to their control/power source where they will be trimmed to length if necessary .
If the wires started at the control/power source and were then run back to the connector panel there would have to be spare remaining for the connections to be made.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
Ditto same problem with ours, one wire broken on the inside. I think the chap who did it originally used to string piano's.

Upvote 0

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
There have been a couple of threads on this recently. I had the same problem, fixed as cyberyacht, VXman and others have said by investigating behind the contact plate on the door. It’s a simple fix made more difficult by the lack of spare wire.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
Harmony line 690g
There have been a couple of threads on this recently. I had the same problem, fixed as cyberyacht, VXman and others have said by investigating behind the contact plate on the door. It’s a simple fix made more difficult by the lack of spare wire.
I must have been Lucky then having a bit of slack 😄😄

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back