chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I think, weather wise this has got to be the worst day we have ever had in southern France, we set off from montendre this morning had a stop in blaye and stopped at a chip van for a chip buttie and are now at a ccp near Mont de marsan.
It has rained all bloody day , proper thick rain that wets you through as soon as you open the door.
Parked up now watching it with a glass of wine, and all the weather apps say it's going to be better tomorrow so fingers 🤞.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I think, weather wise this has got to be the worst day we have ever had in southern France, we set off from montendre this morning had a stop in blaye and stopped at a chip van for a chip buttie and are now at a ccp near Mont de marsan.
It has rained all bloody day , proper thick rain that wets you through as soon as you open the door.
Parked up now watching it with a glass of wine, and all the weather apps say it's going to be better tomorrow so fingers 🤞.
Raining here in the fatherland too Chas, better day tomorrow🤞👍

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
This is us.
PXL_20240911_150359233.jpg

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Best head due south for some 🌞
We are going as hard as we can :giggle:
Will say though if the weather had been different it would have been a very good journey, good d roads like a billiard table , no tolls apart from going over bridge.
But it does go to show a week over here is pretty useless we would be going home today , never once getting the chairs out.
Not actually complaining though just saying how it is this week, can't always be sunshine and hopefully it will start tomorrow (y);)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Been like it all year Chas. When we went through som port at end of May it rained until Dunkirk It wasn't much better on the way back in august.Stopped at friends in Montmorillon & it rained there.
Lorca looks like it's already been nuked but perhaps I saw it on a bad day.
You should have seen it after the inundacion of San Wenceslas in in 2012. It looked like hiroshima & Nagasaki together

Dec 13, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Since 2009
Interest in this thread seems to have gone now so won't bore you with many more posts on it but would like to say that I can't see any reason for this Aire to be shut other than to push you onto the paying one by the lake about 2 miles out of town, we stayed here on the old one last night no bother and in fact the black waste still works even though it's got a fence around it.
And why it's been completely removed from park4night I have no idea as as far as I can see there is nothing to stop you parking here.
I'm enjoying it Charlie so I hope you keep posting

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
Keep looking Chas. It’s out there somewhere 👍👍

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Right today is the start of the second week.
We have done all the visiting we set out to do so we have got three weeks left to use up .
Weather been a bit hit and miss today, nice in the sun but still some rain showers about.
We are in the mountains now going across to the med.
Nice little village with supposedly a tourist train that is the highest in Europe so might have some better photos soon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I'm in Croatia, weather crap, rain and thunderstorms 😡
Pricey to hang around waiting for improvement too with no wild camping allowed.
Looks a bit better next week but that keeps changing.
Wondering whether to cut our losses and head for Tuscany or SoF ?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
SoF looking better from Saturday then looking good up the rhone valley.
Looking at 25+ between Clermont and la loire in 10 days

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Didn't know you were out and about, if you are thinking of south of France we may see you there ;) (y)

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
You in Scotland now. 😂👍
Well we are now going to find out how good lv breakdown is , we have just lost all gears apart from 3rd and 4th outside Carcassonne and waiting for someone to arrive.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back