Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Greece is notorious for lack of 'Black Water' disposal points, especially if like us one does not like campsites, which anyway often only open for short summer periods , sometimes ending Mid-Sept.

Our solutions this year are as follows:-

1. We brought a third cassette.

2. Cassette was only used for toilet No. 2s

3. No. 1s were .'bucket and chuck'it' - easily done on the many fly-tip sites found in Greece.

This method extended the first cassette to 2 weeks and was not full at emptying in the separate toilet block at this taverna. We now have 3 empty cassettes which should last us more than the 3 weeks before the ferry backto Italy, even if we find no dump facilities before then.

I just knew many of you would like a 'TOILET THREAD@ !!!!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

BTW water(including drinking quality) is easy to find in Greece, as is LPG. Grey water dump- at your discretion.

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
3 cassettes! :eek:

What would that weigh if all full! :unsure:

Would you need to strap them to the front grill if you were tight on payload over the back axle :LOL:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We’ve used petrol station toilets, beach toilets, cafes and tavernas. I say we obviously it’s a blue job so Martin does it. He always asks, buys a coffee etc and has a cleaning kit to leave it spotless. All carried in a sports bag.

We don’t put toilet paper down the loo, using a small bin lined with nappy sacs. Our toilet system has a macerator and a black tank which can be emptied into a sewer…not often found in Greece hence the cassette to decant into.

Most toilets in Greece go to septic tanks and can’t cope with toilet paper.

We are here for over 4 months. We too don’t like campsites but will use one for washing machines every fortnight so that’s another dumping point.

Edit: we also pee when swimming in the sea (doesn’t everyone?) and use toilets when exploring.

I’d agree with Nicholson that of all the countries we’ve visited Greece is the most difficult for black waste.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We’ve used petrol station toilets, beach toilets, cafes and tavernas. I say we obviously it’s a blue job so Martin does it. He always asks, buys a coffee etc and has a cleaning kit to leave it spotless. All carried in a sports bag.

We don’t put toilet paper down the loo, using a small bin lined with nappy sacs. Our toilet system has a macerator and a black tank which can be emptied into a sewer…not often found in Greece hence the cassette to decant into.

Most toilets in Greece go to septic tanks and can’t cope with toilet paper.

We are here for over 4 months. We too don’t like campsites but will use one for washing machines every fortnight so that’s another dumping point.

Edit: we also pee when swimming in the sea (doesn’t everyone?) and use toilets when exploring.

I’d agree with Nicholson that of all the countries we’ve visited Greece is the most difficult for black waste.

I always wondered what turned olives black :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back