Gravelines, still good to stay?? (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Well it’s a cracking night here at gravelines, decided to go to the marina having stopped at the super U 👍👍
image.jpg

Oct 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner td590 lyseo
Exp
campervan for 5 years, motorhome since May 19
When your heading towards Gravelines most of the service stations do LPGand they have signage letting you know.
We just use myLPG.eu app, always found one nearby, in fact I'm going to use it today (koblenz).

Graydo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 4, 2010
Potton, Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
We had noisy neighbours at Le Crotoy and they were Brits. Arrived at 0500 and had to pitch next to us in their campervan despite the Aire being virtually empty. They then continued to open & close the door for the next hour. Walking about and coming back. By 0600 I had had enough and got up, they of course went to sleep. Damn inconsiderate if you ask me.
Not just gravelines Paul, we had German vans driving round rothenburg aire last night after 1am, also 3 vans left before 6am this morning🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ it’s pretty much standard in popular Aires in Germany early starts off the Aires.
Not done france so I don’t know early vans move off🤷‍♂️👍

Jan 12, 2024
Funster No
MH
La Strada
We've used French LPG (GPL) for yonks and never had any issues at all, when installing my Gaslow I always make sure that the pipes don't allow any residue to run into the regulator as we don't have any filters.
Can I ask what that means? Just make sure the cylinder is below the level of the regulator, is that it?

Jan 12, 2024
Funster No
MH
La Strada
So far as Gravelines is concerned, we like the place. It has a fine market on Fridays.. and one of our favourite French restaurants, L'Eclusier.

The old town is picturesque and parking is easy along the roads just outside the walls.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
So far as Gravelines is concerned, we like the place. It has a fine market on Fridays.. and one of our favourite French restaurants, L'Eclusier.

The old town is picturesque and parking is easy along the roads just outside the walls.
Same...
Book early is the advice, very few walk ins

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Steve OldAgeTravellers will tell you when they lived in France he had to clean the fridge chimney twice a year.
Yes, but I was using Spanish gas as we were near to the Spanish border and it was half the price of France, but a bit dirty. It became a habit after having to clean the flue weekly in Morocco and most of the nearby Motorhomes as well!
I also once had a bug make a cocoon inside the jet which almost caused a fire. It actually set fire to the wood the fridge was sitting on. So I now have a racing car engine automatic fire extinguisher inside the rear of the Fridge. Hopefully never needed.

Oct 26, 2021
Petersfield, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574 A class
Exp
A returner after a 10 year gap
I’ve not fancied Gravelines for a long time. We stayed in the free Aire at the Carrefour on the way into Bray les Dunes as the aires were all full. Food Fuel but I can’t remember about LPG.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Can I ask what that means? Just make sure the cylinder is below the level of the regulator, is that it?
Yes, some MHs/campers have the regulator lower than the top of the cylinder and thus this can allow any residue in the pipe from the cylinder to the reg to sit on the regulator inlet, that's a sure fire way to have problems with a gunged up reg.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I had a 6am train to catch, there an hour before, half hour to get there!!
Up at 4.00am 3.00am U.K. time and I’m still up🙄🥱🥱🥱
I'd rather pay more and go at a sensible time but I'm not from Yorkshire. 🤣

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
I'd rather pay more and go at a sensible time but I'm not from Yorkshire. 🤣
But I’ve got to get home, clean bus, do all the washing clean inside bus, sort stuff out in house then get ready for work the next day🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

It’s easy if you’re not having to get up at 5.00am the following morning for work🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤔

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Even though I’ve been retired for 10 years I still get up early I think it’s habit,but we always get a early crossing and miss a lot of traffic on the m20/ m25/m1/m6 and it’s still busy and you have another 100 miles to go ,wish I lived closer to the tunnel,like Kent👍

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
But I’ve got to get home, clean bus, do all the washing clean inside bus, sort stuff out in house then get ready for work the next day🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

It’s easy if you’re not having to get up at 5.00am the following morning for work🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤔
You do know you can leave some of the MH jobs to another day don't you? It's not going to explode 'cause it ain't been cleaned... As for the washing, wait until it walks into the machine on its own.😄

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
You do know you can leave some of the MH jobs to another day don't you? It's not going to explode 'cause it ain't been cleaned... As for the washing, wait until it walks into the machine on its own.😄
I do work 12hrs and I’m away again on Thurs so needed doing! Even washed it whilst it was pi####g down🤷‍♂️

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
More civilised people would have a lunchtime or afternoon crossing🤔🤔not much chance of getting Mrs CC up before 8-00am then another hour or 2 to wake up and get ready😳😳
No good to me returning home a crossing at that time.Only day of the year we ever get up early to get the 0755 crossing. Can then be home early afternoon.
BUSBY.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Never understood the lure of Gravelines, went there once, thought it was crap, no desire to return there.
I've never been and don't fancy it. Rather like Citë Europ aire. Might be ok, might get a load of migrants all over the bike rack. Why risk it?
My advice to anybody is get yourself away from Calais as soon as possible, and I speak from experience, bad experience 🤔😊

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
On 2 hours from tunnel so not to bad if we get the afternoon crossing😁😁
4 and a half for me...Quiet through Dartford mid morning and then a breakfast at Morrisons between Cambridge and St Neots.
BUSBY

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back