Good things come to them what wait,,,

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one. Yet!
Ello!

I’ve been soaking up the atmosphere and reading up on tips from you lovely lot for a while, but this is my first post.

I’m down a nights sleep due to alternating excitement/caccing my pants having put a deposit down on a van yesterday. Full time van life has been calling for over a decade and it looks like we’re finally going for it mid winter! Yay! 🙃😂

I had an old converted LDV a few years back but was only able to do trips and never wanted to go back to the house. I’ve had a few wobbles over the last few months, thinking shall I be “sensible” and buy a house. But you have to try right? It is, after all, conditioning or fear that makes us doubt. Anyway, test driving yesterday just felt like home.

So. Now there’s a 3 bed rental to pack up and some hefty bills to say goodbye to and a simpler, non-materialistic life to step into.

Give me the open road, fresh air, forests, hills and beaches! Damp dog, rosy cheeks, and living instead of existing.

This site was recommended by another full-timer and has been a valued source of information, so thanks guys!

Wishing you all well and happy 🥰😊

Holly's mum

Funster
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Sounds very exciting. Lots of advise on here from plenty of others who full time so you will always have help if you need it.

I hope it all works out for you. Remember to post about your adventures with photo's, as we all like to see what/where others are enjoying.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Goofy Movie Hello GIF

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
Hello and welcome.
I have a friend who did what you are doing 2 years ago. Sold his house in England, now touring Europe - and Morocco in his caravan. Just him and his 2 dogs. He is absolutely loving it.

OP
OP
Kels
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one. Yet!
Sounds very exciting. Lots of advise on here from plenty of others who full time so you will always have help if you need it.

I hope it all works out for you. Remember to post about your adventures with photo's, as we all like to see what/where others are enjoying.
Thank you! And will do 🥰

OP
OP
Kels
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one. Yet!
Go for it life to short , many would love the chance to do it ,
If it doesn’t work out ,
you can always revert back,
Good luck I’m sure your have great adventures .
Thank you 😁

OP
OP
Kels
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one. Yet!
Welcome and Good Luck Sir.
Get the dog a dry bag for after those wet and muddy walks.
Enjoy!
Thanks Captain! 🫡 Although I’m a girl 😂 Not sure how my mutt will react to being put in a bag, big hairy saluki that he is! Was gonna get him a waterproof coat in an effort to minimise the mess. Get him used to it before we go. Thanks for the advice ☺️

OP
OP
Kels
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one. Yet!
Hello and welcome.
I have a friend who did what you are doing 2 years ago. Sold his house in England, now touring Europe - and Morocco in his caravan. Just him and his 2 dogs. He is absolutely loving it.
Thanks Steve. My lot think I’m bonkers. I’ve prattled on about it for years but I don’t think they believed I would actually go for it 🙃

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Thank you! ☺️
Another point to make is that there are thousands of Funsters around, worldwide. There is always going to be someone fairly close to your location. They are a great bunch of people and are always around for support/help. You won't be alone ;)

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Building a PVC
A leap of faith Kels - and a journey of discovery.

So, what van are you getting?

Oh, yes and I suppose hello and welcome, even though you've been here longer than me :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back